Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMancuBus

Marty Stratton responds to Hack Module, teases Single Player content!!!

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/doom-dev-responds-to-hack-module-concerns-teases-s/1100-6440936/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0b

"Doom has been pretty well-received since launch in May, but one piece of criticism is about the shooter's hack modules. These allow players to spawn with better abilities than their opponents; not everyone thinks they are the best idea.

In an interview with GameSpot today, executive producer Marty Stratton said he is "pretty satisfied" with the state of the game as it relates to balance. However, he also mentioned that the developer is looking at further improvements down the road.

"People say, 'I would like to play without hack modules.' I think the game is really fun, and I think hack modules play a good part in that." However, Stratton also acknowledged that "there's obviously tuning we can do."

In addition to tuning, Stratton said Bethesda is considering adding an "experimental" playlist--not unlike Rocket League's Rocket Labs--whereby new modes and features can be tested before they are rolled out publicly. This might include modes with no demons and no Hack Modules, among other things.

"We don't want to do that across the entire game and throw off people who are having a great time with it," Stratton said. Instead, the idea is to "give ourselves a testbed to test things like that and we'll continue to balance that stuff," he explained.

Also in our interview, we asked Stratton about the possibility of single-player DLC coming to Doom someday. He teased that Bethesda has "a couple things" in the pipeline that will be announced "shortly," though he declined to share any further specifics.

"Right now we're focused on getting the game that we have into more and more people's hands. I can't go too far beyond what we've talked about there," he explained. "We do have a couple things on the horizon that I think will give players new ways to play with the current Doom game and some stuff that I think will be exciting for people."

On the more immediate horizon is Doom's just-announced Unto Evil multiplayer DLC. This expansion adds three new multiplayer maps, a new demon, new armor, taunts, and more. The expansion comes out "in a couple of months."

In addition to the Unto Evil expansion, Bethesda is adding new multiplayer modes, including a capture-the-flag mode called Exodus, and a new multizone capture mode named Sector. These will be free for all players in the coming months. There will also be new free-for-all modes, including classic deathmatch, while Snapmap is being updated, too."

BluePineapple72 said:

I love Marty, he should have his own picture theme in the top left much like how The Rock has one

The one with the blank stare pls.

He's a good guy, he looked so exhausted in the weeks before the release, he put a lot of work into it

Ditto. I don't think there's the slightest blight of a quarter of chance on planet earth that there are other girls like me out there who would totally lose it and sprint at 50 MpH from the other side of town to kiss him on the cheek if I ever found out he's in my local town. Marty, you gotta come on down to Minesotta sometime.

Hell, I'd

Spoiler

hold his hand

Sometimes I think Marty is not sharing the same reality as us.

Cool guy.

J.B.R said:

That blank stare, he looks tired.

As good as this game is, it's no wonder. He must've worked his ass off on it along with the rest of the team!

Trycon said:

Holy shit, that's a hell of a thousand yard stare.

Guess too many years of that sort of pressure and stress in the industry will do that to you :/

Dude needs to take a long paid vacation. That can't be the least bit healthy.

royaldj said:

Does Marty also tease his wife in the bedroom as much as he teases us with DOOM?

I don't think that was really appropriate.

Buckshot said:

I don't think that was really appropriate.

Please pardon my vernacular. I should have tagged my putrid comment as a spoiler.

I think it would be a pretty cool thing to do. That is if Marty wouldn't dissaprove of it

Back on topic, I think the changes they're making are cool, I like that they aren't outright removing the old multiplayer for the people who still like it as it is

Also I'm pumped to here more about the single player DLC

MusicallyInspired said:

Yes, but has he been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Hmm, I sure think I can know how far one will want to spare help much like found used important excited whereabout of further exclusive copied content.

Going back on topic.

I'm happy that there will be single-player content in the near future.

Means they can address the flaws of the single-player campaign and fix them in the DLC.

I have a man crush on Marty Stratton (no homo) He just seems really passionate about the game and like he's an overall cool dude.

But yes, it's really exciting to know we might have more on the way in terms of single player stuff. I think a standalone expansion in the same vein as the Old Blood set during the Doom Slayer's crusade across hell would be cool. And having unique hell variants of already existing weapons, like have the plasma rifle be the mancubus's gun-arms, and some other demon variants. I think that'd be cool.

Goddamn, Marty is the man. Even though his blank stare kind of makes him look like a Doom 3 character model. Someone should mod him into it. Anyway, I think it's wonderful that we're going to see lots of updates and attempts at balance. The amount of dedication Marty and the rest of id have to making this the best possible experience is just heartwarming. They really and truly give a shit.