Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
esayeek

woohoo!! =)

I had a burst of inspiration and started my freedoom map today!

I laid down 6000 sidedefs in 6 hours easily with lots of breaks (because build has the most kick-ass easiest to use sector drawing system ever), converted them with map2wad, and loaded them into deth with no errors. yippie!!!111111

i made 17 incremental backups during the BUILD session, and I crashed only twice, out of which one crash trashed my current map and i had to go back 10minutes to the last backup. I think build crashes mostly in 3d mode. anyway, here's a screenshot of the 3658 linedefs i need to texture now :/ ;)

http://home.adelphia.net/~mainlimits/map31.gif

mmnpsrsoskl said:

Looking good. I wish I had the inspiration like you but lately my mind has gone dead :P

ehh, i dont think i'm any master of inspiration. i was assigned map31 on june 22 and just came up with an idea today =)

Looks really nice :) What level are you assigned to / planning to have your map assigned to? Good luck with the texturing! :)

Jon said:

Looks really nice :) What level are you assigned to / planning to have your map assigned to? Good luck with the texturing! :)

yeah i kind of got banned from here, so i'm already assigned to map31 (under a different name). you can change the assignment, but i would rather go by oblivion on the freedoom credits

a partly-finished version of my level is now in the levels/oblivion/ the freedoom deutex tree. although since that was uploaded, i've continued to work on it of course :)

esayeek said:

yeah i kind of got banned from here, so i'm already assigned to map31 (under a different name). you can change the assignment, but i would rather go by oblivion on the freedoom credits

Oh, my reply was written before I saw your post immediately before it. Erm, would you prefer another slot?

Edit: just gave your level a whirl and it looks great :) obviously the things that need to be done, need to be done.. but it looks super ultra mega happy fun promising, and while I'm not sure on it being a map31, it should definitely be an end-map.

Jon said:

Oh, my reply was written before I saw your post immediately before it. Erm, would you prefer another slot?

Edit: just gave your level a whirl and it looks great :) obviously the things that need to be done, need to be done.. but it looks super ultra mega happy fun promising, and while I'm not sure on it being a map31, it should definitely be an end-map.

i kinda sorta wanted map31, but if your judgement says it would be better elsewhere, whatever works :).

btw did the excessive "SLADWALL" give you any seisures? =D it's almost all gone now tho.

6000 sidedefs?! 6 hours?!?!

man, i gotta buy deepsea someday...

nice map btw

mewse said:

heh, the build editor.. map2wad.. oldsk00l

you think backwards: the utility included with duke is wad2map. i wrote map2wad a few weeks ago, so while its gh3tt0, its not 0ld5k00l :D

mmnpsrsoskl said:

map2wad is one awesome program, any updates yet?

small bugfixes, nothing worth releasing. going to add support to set all sidedef sector refrences of all 2s linedefs in an inner area inside a sector; is very easy to do. then i'll release it.

is there any particular feature you're interested in? tell me ill code it.

Oblivion I emailed you about your level but havent got a reply yet. Have you checked your email recently?...

sorry, no i dont check it extremely often.
/me logs on to juno and downloads the 459 "hot teen bitches" email messages that await him ;)

edit: ahh this is fucking rediculous when did you send the message? a few days ago i deleted a bunch of hot teen bitches, i probably deleted your message accidently with them.

esayeek said:

sorry, no i dont check it extremely often.
/me logs on to juno and downloads the 459 "hot teen bitches" email messages that await him ;)

edit: ahh this is fucking rediculous when did you send the message? a few days ago i deleted a bunch of hot teen bitches, i probably deleted your message accidently with them.

Ok blah, well basically the text file for your wad says:

Authors MAY NOT use this .wad as the base for anything.

Everything in freedoom is supposed to be free; free to distribute without restriction and modify too. The only restriction we're making is that people must include credit to the freedoom project and its contributors if they use freedoom material.

Once you let me know this is OK then I'll drop your level into the build.

Sorry if this is really pedantic :) Chances are nobody will modify your level anyway so it probably doesnt matter.

fraggle said:

Ok blah, well basically the text file for your wad says:

Everything in freedoom is supposed to be free; free to distribute without restriction and modify too. The only restriction we're making is that people must include credit to the freedoom project and its contributors if they use freedoom material.

Once you let me know this is OK then I'll drop your level into the build.

No you're absolutely right. Not sure exactly what i was thinking when i did that. I will upload a revised version with a revised text file in a few minutes.

fraggle said:

Chances are nobody will modify your level anyway

what's the matter, you think i suck at the levelmaking or something? ;) ;)

there. the map31 i just uploaded is a newer draft btw so make it replace the old one, not just the text file (which now gives the permissions you stated)

esayeek said:

is there any particular feature you're interested in? tell me ill code it.

Can you make it so that it set the sidedef textures to something besides to greenie one...or make it so that we can change it with a cfg file or something? If that's possible...thanks.

mmnpsrsoskl said:

Can you make it so that it set the sidedef textures to something besides to greenie one...or make it so that we can change it with a cfg file or something? If that's possible...thanks.

heh heh heh, the reason i chose SLADWALL in the first place is because it revolts me. So when you touch up the level in doom, you remember to get rid of it all :p. but yeah, i'll add some functionality to change default texture.

Now, i'll go back on topic...well, it's not, but close enough.

I am going to start fixing up my Map01...I need to texturise it :P

mmnpsrsoskl said:

feature added. its on the command line, not a config file, but ehh. for the next version i'll put it in a config file. there are also some other changes and bug fixes. get thyself over to the editing forum where i linkaged it.