Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gink

Mop Bucket Challenge --- LW4ARB8H

Hello Doomers,

I'm proud to announce the release of my latest creation, Mop Bucket Challenge.

Your goal is to survive while locating the 20 mop buckets placed throughout the map. I utilized integers, integer compares, sequencer and a few other advanced logic techniques.

This will be the first of a series of challenge maps... I'm hoping to get some feedback so I can improve my map making.

Please try it out and let me know what you think, thank you.

LW4ARB8H

Hey guys, I'm about to start another map, but I was really looking forward to a little feedback on my Mop Bucket. Do I need to post screen shots before someone will try it? It's no work of art, but I think you'll enjoy it.

Please give it a look-see ... LW4ARB8H

Thanks again.
Gink

Linguica said:

Don't worry, most of those pageviews are search engine crawlers and spambots probing for weaknesses

I'll be the angelic player that gave your map a shot. You had the time to make it, i'll have the time to play it! SO....

I got stuck.

Gameplay: 2/5 – Basic. Can’t say anything I haven’t seen in other maps
Difficulty: 2/5 – Again, simple. Was pretty straightforward. The most challenging fight was against the Cacodemons/Hellrazers.
Map Design: 3/5 – Simple stuff, but the light bridge was a very nice touch! However I did NOT find the red key, so I had no way to progress. So I went back, exited, and died by ZugZug. Made it up to 15 buckets.
Sound: 1/5 – No music. I don’t know why. Made this map a lot more dull than it shouldn’t have been.
Uniqueness: 3/5 – It’s a simple “get all 20 X,” but I actually replayed the map just to see the death options! That was unfortunately the best part of the map.
Technicality: 3/5 – No respawning weapons, and weapons are lost after death, which lead to me just having a shotty.

It needs music. BADLY. It was also tough to find some buckets. try installing a radar of sort using the volume trigger, then when entered, it makes a sound! It can help in finding buckets. Also the red key. Make it easier to find, please!

Thank you for the review.

The music starts after you get 19.

I initially thought about some sort of locator, but figured that would make them too easy to find. I get what you're suggesting about a trigger, I think a giant cylinder that will sound off as you're in range of a bucket, and getting that bucket will remove the trigger. Great suggestion.

Each key is near a color that matches the key color, so go find some red and you will find the red card.

Good idea with respawning weapons, I will definitely make that happen next time.

Again thank you for the review, very good pointers, and I appreciate your time.

G