Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rdwpa

What's Your Mouse Sensitivity?

Curious about the mouse sensitivity of some of you guys. :)

Most reliable way to measure is it is to find out the distance it takes you to do a 360-degree turn -- sensitivity values set in your port can be confounded by a whole host of other things.

I'm at ~ 1.9 cm / 360, which is a shorter distance than I would have guessed.

About 1 cm / 360*

Although I can't really keep it from jumping around a lot in order to reliably measure, this is the closest I got to it being exactly 360* of rotation.

Is this really an accurate way to measure it? What about mouse acceleration? (The faster you move, the more distance the cursor moves)

About 6cm / 360˚, with as little mouse acceleration the port will allow me to have (preferably none).

2 in or 5.08 cm for a 360˚ turn. My mouse has an option for double speed, but I generally don't use it.

Just for the hell of it, here's my actual sensitivities.

Bloodshedder said:

Is this really an accurate way to measure it? What about mouse acceleration? (The faster you move, the more distance the cursor moves)

Agreed, this measurement isn't really accurate due to acceleration. In Zdoom and Zand, I just set the slider to max. In Dosbox, I set mouse sens to about 500.

Bloodshedder said:

It's very very important. It will answer on some important questions.
My about 2cm / 360˚

I have acceleration disabled entirely, so I guess it's still accurate for my measurement?

I have acceleration disabled in Windows, I play with it in prBoom+ though. The value of '3' seems quite small in terms of the slider's overall range, but it seems to make a huge difference.

What is the theoretical utility of this acceleration setting -- I know it's useful to me of course because I'm very comfortable with it, but what's the theory behind it?

Bloodshedder said:

It's the commonly used method in FPS games, at least used to be. Mouse acceleration is a non-factor, because it's bad for aiming, so you shouldn't be using it.

I use it, and I don't think I'm worse at aiming than I'd be otherwise. :D

Pretty crap probably, because it's an old 8/9 year old Wireless M$ mouse...but it's still going! :D ..plus I can't let it go because it has a mirrored form, with side button on each side..comfortable to use... ;w;

I don't really yell at it...so if it's sensitive I may hurt it's feelings every now and then...maybe even embarrass it when I have to open up it's belly to change the battery!

12 cm for a 360 degree turn. Is that bad?
I play in Chocolate, and my settings are:
Speed 9
Acceleration 1,4
Acc. Threshold 7

Because I'm a heretical CS player, mine is relatively low. I use 800dpi and around the middle of the bar whatever that means in ZDoom mouse sens. units. This is way higher than my CS sensitivity obviously but most other people have a comparatively high sensitivity.