Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MINDDomakr

Need Help With SnapMap

Recommended Posts

I need help with a few of the categories. Would any of my Doom bretheren be able to help me out? You'd need a microphone and Skype.

I have some of the basics down but some of the categories and what they do utterly confuse me. Maybe somebody has more experience with them than me.

The Categories are:

- Settings (F1 key)
- AI
- Communications
- Audio
- Flow
- Gameplay
- Pickups
- Player & Team
- Spawners
- Volumes
- Variables

I just need help understanding how to use the tools in these categories.

Share this post


Link to post
VentedPennies said:

That is a huge undertaking. Have you tried the SnapMap tutorial maps yet?

You mean the Standard tutorials that come with SnapMap? Yes, but they are so simple and not in depth that it's laughable. The "SnapMap Academy" thing is utter shit. It shouldn't take me THAT long to learn all the modules if someone aided me.

Share this post


Link to post
MINDustry said:

I need help with a few of the categories. Would any of my Doom bretheren be able to help me out? You'd need a microphone and Skype.

I have some of the basics down but some of the categories and what they do utterly confuse me. Maybe somebody has more experience with them than me.

The Categories are:

- Settings (F1 key)
- AI
- Communications
- Audio
- Flow
- Gameplay
- Pickups
- Player & Team
- Spawners
- Volumes
- Variables

I just need help understanding how to use the tools in these categories.


LOL sssooooo everything...

Check out this its a template map I made with all of my campaign style code in it. There are also links that break down some of the strings of code. Download the map and play around with it.

https://youtu.be/DOZtg2psczg

Here is a link to my Cyber Hell campaign that uses this code.

https://www.doomworld.com/vb/snapmap/88891-cyber-hell-e1m5-1-4-player-co-op-campaign/

Share this post


Link to post
HALFRATS PS4 said:

LOL sssooooo everything...

Check out this its a template map I made with all of my campaign style code in it. There are also links that break down some of the strings of code. Download the map and play around with it.

https://youtu.be/DOZtg2psczg

Here is a link to my Cyber Hell campaign that uses this code.

https://www.doomworld.com/vb/snapmap/88891-cyber-hell-e1m5-1-4-player-co-op-campaign/

Sorry buddy. Do you have Skype or anything. I work better when someone is showing me how to do it.

Share this post


Link to post
HALFRATS PS4 said:

LOL sssooooo everything...

Check out this its a template map I made with all of my campaign style code in it. There are also links that break down some of the strings of code. Download the map and play around with it.

https://youtu.be/DOZtg2psczg

Here is a link to my Cyber Hell campaign that uses this code.

https://www.doomworld.com/vb/snapmap/88891-cyber-hell-e1m5-1-4-player-co-op-campaign/

Ok, so you made a video showing you all the code but that doesn't show other people HOW to make that code. It's just a showcase of what you did.

Share this post


Link to post
MINDustry said:

Ok, so you made a video showing you all the code but that doesn't show other people HOW to make that code. It's just a showcase of what you did.


Download the map open it and look at the code. Its all labeled and categorized. The only thing Im not showing you is how to literally link each icon together. But you can figure that out by looking at which way the strings are moving. I also link multiple videos that describe more of the complicated strings.

Best way to learn how to work on engines is to take one apart and play with it.

I will do more detailed videos in the near future on each piece of code. But for now here you go. This code is a months work of building 5 levels.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×