Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kontra Kommando

Passive-Aggressive Disrespect

How do you personally deal with being passive-aggressively disrespected? Do you come up with a pointed-quip? Do you become hostile? Do you just ignore it, because you have bigger fish to fry? I’m sure most mature people would choose to ignore being (passive-aggressively) disrespected. But what are examples of when you just can’t let it slide, and how do you redeem yourself?

Really I think it's a question of the overall egregiousness of the disrespect itself and how you as a person are comfortable with it. Some people are a willing to take a practical verbal beating and still be fine while others will get in your face for making an off-handed joke.

Personally it depends (for me) on who is doing it as well as the subject matter. Passive-aggressive comments of disrespect are common among, say, me and my friends because we enjoy giving each other shit for just about anything we say or do. At the same time I'm more likely to ignore a passive-aggressive quip about my bathroom habits versus one that suggests I should die/kill myself. I'm not one to say that there's an exact line for what is generally acceptable (I mean is disrespect something in itself that should be acceptable at all unless warranted?) but personally I find that there are topics that don't bother me in the slightest while other subjects will cause an immediate reaction.

Any particular reason you are asking?

Kirby said:

Any particular reason you are asking?

Not really, I'm just curious as to how people deal with this sort of thing. Usually, I guess most people try to avoid unnecessary conflict as much as possible. But on the other hand, there are people that embrace it. For example, lawyers that I've had as professors love to verbally defend against anything they perceive as an offense. Or other "Type-A", personality people like CEOs also seem to have this kind of mentality.

http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/type-A-personality.html

I would love to help you, but I can't really imagine what a passive-aggressive mentality is.

My oldest brother is just a flatout dick sometimes who just can't leave me alone. I try to ignore it but I kinda take it to a more hostile route and tell him to "Leave. Me. Alone.", but of course! He doesn't listen.

So I kinda just give him a slightly hard punch in the arm and I move on with my day because I got more important things to do then being bothered by a 32 year old manchild.

Anyways, I guess you can try what I do, despite my route being hostile. Just don't punch them all that hard, just give 'em a tap in the arm (if they're a woman, DO NOT do this).

Tritnew said:

My oldest brother is just a flatout dick sometimes who just can't leave me alone. So I give him a slightly hard punch in the arm. Just punch him hard, just give 'em a punch in the arm (if your big brothers not a woman, do this).

Yeah don't punch a woman like your brother, they don't deserve equal treatment.

Spoiler

(;

I have to say,the definition provided by the website I posted seems to ignore the benifits of type a personality. Odds are they are more likely to succeed, nevertheless it is very sacrificial to happiness. I think a major downside to type b is complacency. Moreover, I would consider type a to value quality. I think type a personality is a lot more self-sacrificial but able to yelid more for it.

Azazel Bloodfucker said:

Yeah don't punch a woman like your brother, they don't deserve equal treatment.

Spoiler

(;

Thank you for the corrections, I suppose.

Kontra Kommando said:

How do you personally deal with being passive-aggressively disrespected? Do you come up with a pointed-quip? Do you become hostile? Do you just ignore it, because you have bigger fish to fry? I’m sure most mature people would choose to ignore being (passive-aggressively) disrespected. But what are examples of when you just can’t let it slide, and how do you redeem yourself?

Your custom title "Let's attack aggressively" and this thread name made me chuckle a bit.

I see no point in responding to aggression unless it's say, some idiot or jerk online, in which case I put on my comedy hat and have a go at them, sometimes even resulting in drawing cartoons of them failing to insult me and then posting them.

GoatLord said:

I see no point in responding to aggression unless it's say, some idiot or jerk online, in which case I put on my comedy hat and have a go at them, sometimes even resulting in drawing cartoons of them failing to insult me and then posting them.

Do you hit the blunt before or after doing all that?

rileymartin said:

Do you hit the blunt before or after doing all that?

Folks need to stop with the blunt jokes unless they can come up with better material, like the guy that made the shrooms meme of me.

Not much I can do about it. I don't go online enough, so the thread usually gets closed before I can respond to the backbiting coward calling me a statist/commie fascist/SJW/godless heathen/et cetera.

GoatLord said:

Folks need to stop with the blunt jokes unless they can come up with better material, like the guy that made the shrooms meme of me.

There is no need for you to be so blunt.

GoatLord said:

You're a meme of the DOOM community, to me that'd be a HUGE honor.