Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xTWx PREDATOR X

Hurt the player

Ok can any of you lovely people help me out. Creating a solo player story level and i want it to start with the player out of ammo and low on health. Trouble is i can't seem to figure this out. I can have his max health reduced. That's easy. But how can i get it so he starts actually injured? I,ve tried several methods and none seem to work. I've tried simple method of on spawned hurt player. Nothing! Yet again a case of the logic connecting giving the appearance of it working. But wen i test he is at a full healthy 100%!
I have even put an explosion fx on him that triggers as he spawns. It doesn't hurt the player.
Is there a spawn shield active? Why won't these methods work?
Has anybody else tried to achieve this? And if you know how. Pleeeeeeeease share!

Well, its definitely weird. Feels like spawn protection to me. One of the many bizarre quirks of snapmap.

All you need to do is delay the hurt. I.e. this works:

Just add a delay on the spawn event. For me it works with a delay of 0.9 seconds and up. I don't know if its dependent on how quick the level loads or match preparations so I would play it save.

Worst case scenario (but safest) is to have the player walk through a trigger (don't spawn him in it) for example by forcing him through a door before entering the level. Or tie it in with a teleport he needs to take to leave the room. Something creative. :)

I got it set so that when player spawns it activates a camera showing back story. Then when a shot timer ex0ires switches back to the player and hurts them. Works well.

And i plan to have checkpoints so won't be an issue on hurting player everytime.