Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doug Keener

Seinfeld.wad - Jerry's Apartment: A DOOM II .wad!

Fellow fans of Seinfeld and Doom,

After over 100 hours of work, I present to you a replica of Jerry Seinfeld's Apartment from his hit sitcom, Seinfeld!

ATTENTION: This wad is only compatible with DOOM 2 and the latest version of GZDOOM!

Join Jerry, George, Kramer, and Elaine in this neat Doom/Seinfeld crossover! There are many custom textures and sprites to bring you the full experience of being inside Jerry's Apartment, inside Doom 2! Each sprite has audio clips and death animations! Have fun slaughtering the gang relentlessly in this wad about nothing!

Screenshots!

Spoiler

Video!
Spoiler

DOWNLOAD LINK 1
DOWNLOAD LINK 2

Hope you enjoy!

Made by Doug Keener

Special Thanks to GIMP 2.0, GZDoomBuilder, Slade3, applekwisp, Seinfeld cast and crew, and the lovely people over at ZDoom forums and wiki.

EDIT: JOHN ROMERO saw and liked the map!!
Spoiler

Link to post: https://twitter.com/HateChrisGreene/status/745276629111406592

I am truly flattered!
Thank you all for such positive feedback! I love this community!

I have to ask, what in all that is holy compelled you to make this? Are you OK?

EDIT: This wad is so great that it crashed my ZDoom when I finished off the gang by killing Elaine with a chainsaw.
On a more serious note, there's a nasty HoM behind the blinds.

Part of me wants to modify this to have deathmatch starts and very, very small players.

(Seinfeld hero shooter: GOTY 2016)

You know I think this is really funny and I'm going to get shit for what I'm about to say..

I HATE Seinfeld, I just think it's really unfunny and I like shitty shows like How I Met Your Mother, The Office, King of Queens, and Park and Rec.

You should do sets for other shows too though it would be really cool, or do a level based on the soup nazi :P

EDIT: I didn't know you were a newb here, good job for making an awesome first wad! We get too much trolls as first maps that I have to respect you

TheNerdTurtle2 said:

You know I think this is really funny and I'm going to get shit for what I'm about to say..

I HATE Seinfeld, I just think it's really unfunny and I like shitty shows like How I Met Your Mother, The Office, King of Queens, and Park and Rec.

You should do sets for other shows too though it would be really cool, or do a level based on the soup nazi :P

EDIT: I didn't know you were a newb here, good job for making an awesome first wad! We get too much trolls as first maps that I have to respect you

To each his own! Haha and this is actually my second wad ever! Thanks everyone for all the positive feedback! Loving that selfie, Linguica!

Altazimuth said:

I have to ask, what in all that is holy compelled you to make this? Are you OK?

EDIT: This wad is so great that it crashed my ZDoom when I finished off the gang by killing Elaine with a chainsaw.
On a more serious note, there's a nasty HoM behind the blinds.

Might need to update your client, I've tested this on the latest version of gzdoom with Doom 2 and everything looks and works perfectly, no hall of mirrors anywhere.

And I'm just a massive fan of the show! Haha.

What's the deal with a WAD? Where's all the data? It's right there, right in front of you, don't you see it? If you ask me I'd say "here's all the data!" Now that's something to have HAD!

Stuff like this and DooD prove that old "jokewads are dead" addage to be nothing more than a myth. Fantastic!

Doug Keener said:

Precisely.

Heh, thought so.

Anyway, my parents would've gotten a kick out of this; they're fans of the show.

Hoochie MAMA!

Thanks everyone, all of the responses are overwhelmingly positive! I guess all of that work has really paid off. This wad has exceeded my expectations, both in crowd response and in building. The reddit post for it has made the front page of Reddit. I didn't think when I started it, that I could achieve what I had envisioned. I thought, if I was gonna do it, I have to do it right. I started this without even thinking about custom texturing, then one thing led to another haha.

But yeah this only works with Doom II 1 player and nothing else.
I've also had reports of this not working with some doom clients. I've made it and tested it on GZDOOM, so it's possible it only works with GZDOOM.

This originally was gonna include monk's cafe and the story was that Kramer accidentally summoned demons all over New York and you play as Jerry and have to rescue the gang on each level. The final boss was gonna be Newman in Jerry's apartment haha. But after the excruciating work done on just the apartment alone, I decided that I was going to keep it as just a replica and nothing more. Love all the suggestions though, especially that mini deathmatch haha.

Doom on

That's it, close down Doomworld. Our purpose has been fulfilled. There is no way that anyone is ever going to even come close to making a project as excellent as this one within our collective future.