Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doug Keener

Seinfeld.wad - Jerry's Apartment: A DOOM II .wad!

If you're not using the required source port to run it, then obviously it's not going to run.

Linguica said:

If you're not using the required source port to run it, then obviously it's not going to run.

Like I previously wrote, this information isn't relayed on most of the reports about this mod! Only that you need Doom 2, without specifying the version and source port... It's only after I tried it and discovered this forum that I understood that. Many other people will most likely be mislead just like me...

FH991586 said:

Like I previously wrote, this information isn't relayed on most of the reports about this mod! Only that you need Doom 2, without specifying the version and source port... It's only after I tried it and discovered this forum that I understood that. Many other people will most likely be mislead just like me...

Always go to the source, my friend. The original YouTube video stated in the description what was required, as well as the post I made here. Other media outlets that took the mod did not care to tell you how to do it. They did give me credit though, which is a good thing. But yeah as long as you run the wad with the latest gzdoom USING doom2.wad as the base wad, it will work flawlessly. I'm pretty sure the latest gzdoom is compatible with any OS, and if you're still on Windows 95 or 98, I don't have any sympathy for you.

Doug Keener said:

[...]if you're still on Windows 95 or 98, I don't have any sympathy for you.

I am not, but thank you very much for the support. Don't you know that many older games are not supported by more recent OS, and that it's still useful to keep an old PC just for gaming?

I guess I don't need to come back here in the future...

Doug Keener said:

and if you're still on Windows 95 or 98, I don't have any sympathy for you.

Ouch...

I'm still happily using Windows 98 on my old school rig. Harsh words, man... :C

FH991586 said:

Don't you know that many older games are not supported by more recent OS, and that it's still useful to keep an old PC just for gaming?

Useful maybe, but still a hindrance as most anyone dedicated to older games can use virtualization or emulation, like DOSBox.

Yeah I mean we live in an age where you can play NES games on your PC through an emulator, on any OS. There's really no point in having an old machine. It's kind of like a record player, I can see the novelty and nostalgia side, but it's completely impractical.

Doug Keener said:

I'm pretty sure the latest gzdoom is compatible with any OS

Probably, but a lot of us don't have GPUs capable of running the latest version.

Doug Keener said:

Yeah I mean we live in an age where you can play NES games on your PC through an emulator, on any OS. There's really no point in having an old machine. It's kind of like a record player, I can see the novelty and nostalgia side, but it's completely impractical.

I disagree. When it comes to things like DOSBox, it never feels like how the game used to play back in the days IMO. Yes, it emulates pretty well, but even with the right CPU cycles I would never prefer its performance over the real thing.

I personally don't care for how I play my Doom games, but I can certainly understand why some people care about how they play theirs.

As far as I can tell, the only thing older versions of gzdoom don't like about this WAD is the high spawn IDs. And these are arbitrary and not referenced in the script. So it should be safe to reduce their range.

This version runs in gzDoom 1.8.

Well to each his own I guess. Sorry I couldn't make it compatible with anything else. I made it in GZDoom Builder, and it had the spawn IDs and a shitload of 3D sectors that can only be rendered properly in gzdoom.

Doug Keener said:

well, if we're really going to be picky, vinyl records are usually better mastered nowadays than the respective albums are on CD and digital, due to the fact you can't make a vinyl record as loud as a digital file, or the record would skip. plus, it's not really a novelty since vinyls has made a comeback for about the same reason.

Doug Keener said:

Well to each his own I guess. Sorry I couldn't make it compatible with anything else. I made it in GZDoom Builder, and it had the spawn IDs and a shitload of 3D sectors that can only be rendered properly in gzdoom.

You can still be very proud of that! I wish I could do a mod on a game I like someday. :-)

not meant to be rude but on google drive do you really have to request acsees for the wad?

when i go to download link 1 it says acsess denied and when i go to link 2 theres no download

Edited by ultraheavyblack

2023 update, for me at least, on newest version GZDoom (v4.10.0) the HoM is there. However, playing it on ZDoom (v2.8.1) makes it work completely flawless without the HoM. Don't know why that is but we all know technology works in strange ways.

I'm super late to this party. I'm not new to Doom, been playing since the original in '93, played all the official games (with my favorite official port being PS1). However I am new to and just getting into the user made maps scene. As a Doom and Seinfeld fan that's also seen every single episode of Seinfeld, this one is great. Thanks for the link Mad Butcher, I had the same problem as ultraheavyblack. For some reason Doug no longer allows public access to download this map.

both download files don't work... does anyone have a working link?

haha, there was a download link up above me! i'm a klutz!