Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KoolKat

A new course for GIjOE TC.

I'm not going to continue making true to history levels. I'm gonna make it fun. I will release the Beach of Normandy level later. From now on I'll make the levels more of GIjOE related than WWII related. this should make me go a bit faster.

As long as we get to toy around with assault rifles and the map layouts are decent we'll be happy.

I guess making a wad based on Omaha Beach is a little too hard for a newbie wad editor.

Actually, I don't no jack about the comix. I mean the battles of WWII. Hopefully I can get Milk Shape 3D for free some how, or you guys could send me part of the $20 registration fee. :) I should finnish the 3D Colt 1911 today. It's my last day of Milk Shape.

HERETIC!! YOU SHALL BURN!! :P Actually, you'd have to pick a specific era if youwanted to pursue the comics, because...well...tehy kinda change. For instance, Rock 'n' Roll didn't always carry a couple of dual-miniguns (refer to the action figures):p I actually had a re-release of GI Joe #1, and the differences were huge, but a lot of the characters save Duke, Lt. Falcon, Roadblock, and a few others didn't exist. Neither did Serpentor. meh.

Could I bug you into making it for Eternity, or something similar that supports allies, so that it's more realistic than one man fighting an entire side of a war?

Have you heard of Edge? that's going to be the engine. It will support allies. I was going to try to make only a few maps with alot of friendly soldiers. They will be there. I didn't finish my 3D model (1911) in time. I would like to ask that people could point me in the direction of sprites, it would be very helpful. Not Twighlight Warrior or Covert Ops. I have already seen them and am aiming for higher quality. (no offence intended)

pilottobombadier said:

HERETIC!! YOU SHALL BURN!! :P Actually, you'd have to pick a specific era if youwanted to pursue the comics, because...well...tehy kinda change. For instance, Rock 'n' Roll didn't always carry a couple of dual-miniguns (refer to the action figures):p I actually had a re-release of GI Joe #1, and the differences were huge, but a lot of the characters save Duke, Lt. Falcon, Roadblock, and a few others didn't exist. Neither did Serpentor. meh.

I see. I don't want to make it for the comics. They were a bit out on a limb for me. I'm aiming for a bit more realism than Doom had. You will be about as vulnerable as your enemy. You will have limited ammo, but may find some in a map. Playing Nimrod.wad gave me some inspiration for scripted events, though I had some already.

KoolKat said:

I'm aiming for a bit more realism than Doom had. You will be about as vulnerable as your enemy.

Umm...yeah...So you mean make Doom like Nam, where it's super-hard? That's not realism. That's what people call realism. Admittedly, with godmode on, Nam is one of the coolest games I've ever played, but with godmode off the game is a fucking nightmare. Think about that.

If people want mock-realism, they'll play Counterstrike or one of its rip-offs, or one of the mods IT ripped off from. I don't think many were that impressed with Covert Ops, either...Although again, with godmode on, it fuckin' rocked :P

See what I mean? Realism mods for engines that do not support locational damage, etc. is a waste of energy.

If I were you, I'd stick to your idea, but keep the "hero" super-tough, like in Doom,and leave it at that.

Heh, whatever works, man. And Koolkat, I suppose that'd work, but I was just saying. I'm not really trying to shoot down your mod, I'm just telling it like it is.

Actually, considering Nam's "realism", I'm surprised most other "realistic" games didn't get shat on...might have to do with pretty graphics :p