Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Altazimuth

Maniac Ridge - A Duke 3D E2L11 Recreation for Eternity

What started off as being a monsterless proof-of-concept eventually turned into an extended learning exercise for use of portals, EDF, and ExtraData (after deciding I spent too long making a to-scale recreation of E2L11 - using rather tedious methods - to leave it as it was). After it was merged into master I updated it to UDMF and removed ExtraData, and made some visual enhancements as said enhancements were made far easier as I was able to work in a visual editor. Using at least 3.42.02 Heimdal is required. Alongside this, jumping is required, and mouselook suggested.

Downloads:

Ek0fbCB.png

nyUa8N2.png

QJvRvWp.png

Credits: 3D Realms for the original map, Team Eternity for the Eternity Engine, and Jimmy for the Arachnorb.

Edited by Altazimuth

It's an excellent demonstration of just how seamless the portals system is.

If I had this tech when making Cretaceous Cogs, the result would have been smoother for the elevator setup and made building it much less brain melting.

Very cool stuff, as I said on IRC. Great map to Doomify, especially with all the neato portal technology of EE. Map could look a little better mayhap, but eh, no biggie there. :P Good job!

Sorry for the bump, but the final release is on idgames; I have updated the first post with a link to it. Since the old version, various small tweaks have been made, and the format has moved from Doom+ExtraData to UDMF.