Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Plasma Gun

Anyone else "done" for now?

Recently beat the new Doom on Nightmare, found all of the secrets, and upgraded all of the runes, completed most (but not all) of the weapon and mission challenges.

There are still a few things left for me to do in the game before I've 100%-ed it, but for the most part I've wrung pretty much all I can out of the game.

I tried my hand at some Snap Maps, but none of them are really that compelling since the Snap Map editor itself is so limited.

At this point I'd say I'm "done" with the game for now. Obviously I plan to replay it in the future, but for now it's back to the wealth of Doom PWADs for my Doom needs.

Anyone else feel the same?

I'm sure lots of people feel the same. Until some updates come out enhancing SnapMap or some SP DLC then there's only so much you can get out of the main campaign. And if MP isn't your thing, most SP games won't provide you with hundreds of hours of entertainment unless there are really strong mods to back it up, like with Skyrim.

antares031 said:

Try to beat the game with Ultra-Nightmare.

i hope i don't burn myself out on the game myself when i attempt this, if playing the game on Nightmare mode now is anything to go by.

antares031 said:

Yeah but it's still the same game. I died to environment on my latest try, where I got farthest so far, and ragequit.

The more you play the game the more you realise how these 13 levels are of a really small magnitude. Game is really small and short. I still love this game but I thought it would have some more longevity and we would have tons of quality snapmap releases with hordes of revenants and cybies and so on released by experienced designers.

Ah well, waiting on that dlc now *fingers crossed*

Not done until I finish up the Steam achievements.

Then I'm done until the Snapmap and Multiplayer E3 updates start rolling out.

Still going through random levels obliterating everything with all the weapons/mods. Also doing speed runs seeing how fast you can go through certain levels, making gameplay videos like using the pistol only etc. Still really fun, working on a few snapmap levels like a reimagined/destroyed E1M1 & 2 others at the moment.
Hoping we see extra content in the not to far future.

It may lack the immediate replay value of its ancestors, but it still makes for awesome Youtube fodder. Watching others play and be all giddy and energetic about it is almost as fun as the game itself.

I'm starting to get the feeling of "I'm done".

But the promise of more Snap-Map content is going to extend my time with Doom 2016.

Ironically, Painkiller never grabbed my attention for long. It always felt sluggish and clunky to me, and the cluttered level design didn't help.

I'm done, I can't even run this fucking game for 15 minutes without crashing.

What a fucking piece of shit.

AnonimVio said:

What a fucking piece of shit.

I hope you re talking about your computer

.... Got all the achievements and all the upgrades, so.... Still playing the game even though i got all of them. Like seriously been playing Wolfenstien the New Order for like a thousand times, cause it's too good!

Winged_Warrior said:

I hope you re talking about your computer

My computer should run this game with no problems. In fact, I get 60fps most of the time, but the game crashes without a fucking warning.
Stop defending this piece of trash.

AnonimVio said:

My computer should run this game with no problems. In fact, I get 60fps most of the time, but the game crashes without a fucking warning.

Doom 2016 is not a piece of shit/trash. Have you tried to contact bethesda support, sent them the crash log?

AnonimVio said:

You.... you can't tell me what to do? :o

I got a brand new pc with all big brand names components (ASUS gigabyte gskill) and skylake cpu ... it crashes twice or 3 times in a row sometimes too and it is very frustrating. But that's not enough for me to think the game's a POS.

Even the most well-optimised games don't run on every fucking computer on the planet that happens to meet the system requirements. It's aggravating, sure, and stuff like the debug mode glitch are clearly a QA fault. But if you are so quick to give up on a game that runs perfectly fine for 90% of the customer base, then you have nothing and no one to blame but your own impatience. If you don't find a solution, then that's of course another kettle of dopefish, but you get my point.

antares031 said:

Yeah... Go suffer yourself. This is the only way to show how you love the game.

It's sad this game held my interest for a week before it waned.

Main thing causing me to be "done" is the disconnect the game modes have from eachother. Multiplayer has the 2 weapon restriction, various guns/abilities not available in SP... Then Snapmap has scrambled the weapon order (single barrel is 5, I think?) despite having the 2 weapon restriction (where 1 and 2 would make sense to select your weapons).

So the way the fundamental game rules of weapons/abilities/pickups vary between each game mode makes me not want to touch them.

TAPETRVE said:

Ironically, Painkiller never grabbed my attention for long. It always felt sluggish and clunky to me, and the cluttered level design didn't help.

It is clunky... Still better than every IDTech4 game though.
You can feel that is a game made in eastern Europe.. But the weapons! The stake gun! The setting and the sound design were also pretty cool

riky_rice said:

It is clunky... Still better than every IDTech4 game though.
You can feel that is a game made in eastern Europe.. But the weapons! The stake gun! The setting and the sound design were also pretty cool

Although I am not a big fan of Painkiller, I had fun replacing the soundtrack with Devil May Cry tracks and pretending I was playing a Devil May Cry FPS.

So I can't complain about a broken product, that I bought legally?

If your fresh new TV randomly started to turn itself off after few minutes of using, would you be like "Ehh, it happens, other people have the same problem so I should not complain."?

AnonimVio said:

If your fresh new TV randomly started to turn itself off after few minutes of using, would you be like "Ehh, it happens, other people have the same problem so I should not complain."?

Of course you can complain. But calling something a "piece of shit" and attack people to "not defend this piece of trash" is not complaining.

You have every right to shout at this game while beeing dissappointed that it doesn't run like it should. That's absolutely fine, if you need that vent.

And after you vented your anger, you should think about what options you have to make the situation better/solve the problem, like - for example - contact customer support. They might have something in their CS-system that might help you, and if not, there is a chance that enough people with similar hardware/software like you have the same problem, and the developers see a need to fix it.

Don't make me go to car analogies (I love car analogies, btw. :) ).

AnonimVio said:

I don't know man, Some of their PC copy of Doom didn't crashed... Maybe just your pc?