Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
baja blast rd.

Your Favorite Movement-Based Demos

What you're looking for is any good runs by Looper or 4shockblast. 4shockblast is undoubtedly the current king of movement, as far as efficiency and optimization are concerned, but I would say Looper's movement is more...artistic.

e2m1 nomo is one of the most (the most?) optimal nomo runs ever recorded (4shockblast).

the chasm pacifist is a good Looper example that comes immediately to mind.

The first time Looper streamed, I think I became better at doom immediately just from watching him play.

4shockblast can probably make a lot of good recommendations; those two are just the ones that popped into my head first.

Ian Sabourin is my waifu. As far as deathmatch demos go, anything by chewy on map01 or judas23 for sexy casual elegance and anything by ocelot on map01 or d5m7 for ruthless scary efficiency.

Honestly, it's difficult to bring up any run that is with monsters or longer because almost unavoidably, there are going to be obvious mistakes. Sedlo's another runner to look at other than those mentioned in the thread (and btw, chewy = Hi Jango on DSDA). A few other runs I'd point out specifically are Sedlo's pacifist for Doom E3M2, ocelot's UV-Speed for Doom 2 map 10, and Looper's nomos for Doom 2 map 4 and map 22. For one of my recent demos, you could also check out Doom 2 map 32 NM100 which I'm pretty happy with.

4shockblast said:

(and btw, chewy = Hi Jango on DSDA)

Hm, just noticed a 2016 demo from that guy apparently popped up at dsda last week.

j4rio said:

Hm, just noticed a 2016 demo from that guy apparently popped up at dsda last week.

Wow, you're right. New chewy CN demo, interesting development!

How do you find these chewy deathmatch demos? I Googled and looked around for 20 minutes and eventually stumbled across a duel site with some ZDaemon demos, which I can replay but it's kind of awkward tbh. Are there any vanilla demos?

Heh, people don't really play vanilla DM anymore, not for like 15 years. [url=http://www.cdevastation.com/zddl/]The ZDDL site[/i] is the place to go and you'll have to stomach zdaemon for these top tier demos. The newer versions (1.09 and up) actually have the best demo playback controls out of all ports (although only for its own demos, no vanilla compat). Setting up custom forward/backward skipping feels really comfy.

For vanilla demos... yeah, probably scour DSDA and maybe doom2.net. Otherwise I dunno.