Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest MIND

E3 Games. Will they need Windows 10 to run?

Guest MIND

Will all these games need Windows 10 to run?

Quake Champions, Gears Of War 4, Prey, Vampyr, Forza Horizon 3.

The Xbox/Microsoft ones will but Quake and the others
aren't being released for Xbox by Microsoft so we'll see.

MINDustry said:

Will all these games need Windows 10 to run?

Quake Champions, Gears Of War 4, Prey, Vampyr, Forza Horizon 3.

Anything using the Xbox Play Anywhere service (Gears, Forza) requires Windows 10 as it shares and uses XboxOne specific APIs (they both share the same OS Kernel and Metro backend, put as simply as possible).
Anything not using Play Anywhere (Quake, Prey, Vampyr) will instead be all likely designed independently for Steam and thus likely NT6 bytecode and APIs, so Windows Vista+, assuming they stick with DX11.

I been using Windows 10 since it was first avaible. So far not a lot of issues. The only thing i had to fix, was a memory leak but it took me just a few minutes.
It is a huge improvement over Win 8 and a fair improvement over Win 7.

Sodaholic said:

Fuck Windows 10.

with their irrevocable updates which says: Fuck you, We don't care about your work, you just must put this stupid updates in any case.

Speaking of Windows 10, I want to smash that annoying Windows 10 upgrade notification. One of my HDD partitions still uses Windows XP SP3 for compatibility reason, by the way.

Windows 10 is one of the best, if not THE best windows I've used to date. I use it professionally as well as home for gaming. had NONE issues so far, on work laptop and older stationary gaming rig.

Its extremely stable, and they cut out all the annoying things they introduced with Windows 8. So if you're on Windows 8 upgrade that shit. If you're on Windows 7 and happy, there's a smaller incentive to change, other than to stay updated for the future.

antares031 said:

Speaking of Windows 10, I want to smash that annoying Windows 10 upgrade notification.

So google the correct registry change and turn it off.

I've noticed Windows Update failing on Windows 7 a lot recently. Machines that don't have much past SP1 installed seem to get stuck in a "checking for updates" loop that can only be fixed by installing a huge (and inconsistent) pile of updates manually with wuauserv disabled. Joy. I've started using crap like that as a reason to convince people to upgrade to Windows 10.

I'm still mad the theme and display options are all over the place in Windows 10. They really broke that stuff. It feels like a shitty high school programming project. I don't mind the rest of Windows 10 much.

I don't mind Win10. I adored Win7 and was worried about upgrading. I decided to try it and go back if I didn't like it. I made a backup of the Win7 rollback so that it wouldn't disappear in 30 days just in case I didn't like it after, but aside from some problems with file/folder ownership in root C: (that I started myself) I've had no problems. I had to reset my installation which caused me to lose my Win7 rollback, but I ain't even mad about it now. Saves me HDD space. No reason to go back. Don't mind it at all.

antares031 said:

Speaking of Windows 10, I want to smash that annoying Windows 10 upgrade notification.

I don't need Windows 10 or whatever Micropants is gonna come up with, Win 7 and Xp are the best out there, even Xp that's not updated anymore still has users, so when 7 doesn't get updated anymore, i'll still stick to it.

1) Windows 10 install is OPTIONAL... So people have the CHOICE not to install it. Plus the Free Upgrade is no longer valid..... That Youtube video is just BULL..., he selected the option to install it....

2) Win 7 It's a great OS, but is getting outdated and quite fast...

3) With Win Xp you are stuck with 3gb, yes you can use the x64 version... But that version is a big mess some x32 programs have issue with Win Xp x64.....

4) If you need to use XP for some old programs, just setup a Virtual Machine.. It's quite easy.

Only a few version of Windows were actually crappy.... Windows 98 (Pre SE), Windows ME.

Vista was not a bad OS, the biggest issue was with the UAC being a bit annoying. But most of the complains about Vista was from People with PC´s that were barely able to run Vista.

Windows 8 and 8.1 were good OS, but the change of design was too drastic, hence why they did a semi rollback to Win 7 design.

But i guess liking Windows 10 is Mainstream.........

Quasar said:

Windows 10 is definitely the best spyware put out by Microsoft so far.

When people ask me how I feel about 10 I have to remind myself first about this before I give an answer. I have my install tweaked quite a bit to get rid of that shit but few people do that.

I wouldn't really care if they did need Win 10, I didn't have any problems with the OS's past Win 7 and don't feel the need to jump onto the hate bandwagon because of this.

Sure companies spying on you is disagreeable but I would imagine that they are only really doing it to better improve their products, but besides as mentioned there is ways to disable this regardless.

I really don't feel the need to move back to Win 7 since it is pretty much outdated now.

Yeah. Win10 is much closer to Win7 than Win8 is (which I would never update to, that's the only reason I'm staying with 10). Everything feels the same, except for a slight lag in how certain explorer functions are handled (light dragging and dropping files to copy/move/etc). I suspect that's due to the new Metroi interface/Win10 app approach they're using. But beyond that, it hasn't gotten in my way. I've disabled and turned off everything that feels too Metro-y.