Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
massivefanofdoom

Do you think we will fight 'Dark lord of the 4th age' and what will he look like?

I imagine him as a big red demon with a ram head and horns, but not the typical goat teeth. Rather sharp and pointy. Lol I wish I knew how to draw, this image has been in my head for years. Kinda like a balrog from LOTR, but the face is different. A mix between goat/ram and reptilian. And not exactly like baphomet/ icon of sin either. Could have a centaur body too.

And you guys?? The first thing that came to mind when you read that phrase in the codex and heard him commanding the demons in the necropolis and last level?

massivefanofdoom said:

I imagine him as a big red demon with a ram head and horns, but not the typical goat teeth. Rather sharp and pointy.

???

I was under the impression the spider mastermind was the dark lord of the 4th age.

I somehow doubt it's the icon of sin since the slayer's testament makes him sound more like a "judge" than a ruler. He sounded more like someone who punished people than a ruler of the land.

AwesomeO-789 said:

I was under the impression the spider mastermind was the dark lord of the 4th age.

I somehow doubt it's the icon of sin since the slayer's testament makes him sound more like a "judge" than a ruler. He sounded more like someone who punished people than a ruler of the land.

Spidey = aranea imperatrix = dread widow, a form given to olivia of a higher ranking demon species of hell like the balgaar / cyberdemon.

And correct, the codex confirms the icon of sin is not a dark lord but an underlord of sorts, also hinting it was the son of the betrayer of argent d'nur.

Wouldn't even be surprised if the final boss was making up an entire map full of moving parts, kinda like the Hekatonkheir from God of War: Ascension.

Some kind of super Hayden? Honestly, I don't trust that shifty punk. His bullshit 'altruistic' attitude towards the potential destruction of the entire human race to solve 'muh energy crisis' and the fact he just hijacked your "services" as Doomguy really steamed my beans lol. Wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be a boss fight.

StevieCybernetik said:

Some kind of super Hayden? Honestly, I don't trust that shifty punk. His bullshit 'altruistic' attitude towards the potential destruction of the entire human race to solve 'muh energy crisis' and the fact he just hijacked your "services" as Doomguy really steamed my beans lol. Wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be a boss fight.

I'm sure he will be, according to the codex a prophecy states he is 'a dark priest consumed by the crucible' and will 'crush the divide', 'corrupt the realms', and 'the crucible will create the monster'.

But I'm sure he is not the dark lord, who has the barons of hell as his royal guard. (codex again)

However, if hayden becomes one with him, is another thing.

Interesting enough, hayden *activates* the crucible into its sword form and walks off as if he is going to battle .... and doesn't he possibly have an army of robots like him?? hmmm ....

StevieCybernetik said:

"Sell it to humanity", eh. Granted, even an unlimited energy source still comes with bills that need to be paid for research, maintenance, distribution, etc., but Hayden sounds clearly more interested in the stock market, like every good venture capitalist would.

Plot twist: Doom 2016 has been a prequel to iRobot all along, and Hayden is the first prototype of the NS5s. Doomguy is Will Smith, bringing the freshness of Bel Air to Mars.

In the west Argent D'Nur born and raised
On the warpath was where I spent most of my days
Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' to their doom
And all shooting some barons outside the tomb
When a couple of guys who were up to no good
Started making trouble in my neighborhood
I got in one little fight and the wraiths got cursed
They said 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Hell-Air'

Jaxxoon R said:

In the west Argent D'Nur born and raised
On the warpath was where I spent most of my days
Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' to their doom
And all shooting some barons outside the tomb
When a couple of guys who were up to no good
Started making trouble in my neighborhood
I got in one little fight and the wraiths got cursed
They said 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Hell-Air'

I am fucking stealing this.

I whistled for a demon and when he came near
I pulled out my bazooka and shoved it right in his rear
If anything I could say this fight aint fair
But I thought nah forget it, all's fair in hell air

I pulled up to Tower o' Babel round seven or eight and I yelled
To Romero "Yo holmes DM ya lata!"
I looked all around and thought I'd settle in
And steal the throne from the Cyberdemon

Edit: Jaxxoon, yours was infinitely better. But I had to at least attempt to finish it.

StevieCybernetik said:

You're obviously new here, and that's okay.

Relatively new. Most other topics are taken serious for the most part. This is just everyone taking the piss.