Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spike

Pretty Colours...

Well, the next part of our Underworld megawad is underway. Just thought i'd throw a few screenshots into the fray to see what people think.
These four are taken from map11, 'Mount Olympus'... it's based in a research facility used to examine the demons. Suffuce to say, the gits get out...

Ta ta.

Where did you get the textures from, or did you make them yourself?

Did you become tired of making hell-styled levels?

a)Most of the textures from this particular level come from the decontex.wad texture pack (as always, there will be a disclaimer in the txt file). A few others (like the handrail texture) were patched together by myself.

b)Not tired of making the hell maps, no. Episode II is set on earth... i'm currently building a demon 'hive', kinda like 'Aliens', so there will be hellish scenes to come.

This will be one of two 'teaser' maps i'll be releasing before the full episode is completed.

Very nice :) For some reason it reminds me of RTC-3057, although I'm not entirely sure why. Maybe it's just those yellow lights or something ;)

God knows why. I've heard about RTC, but i've not seen anything yet.

Still, cheers tho :)

Cheers. I've only got to complete one final section of map (containing the blue key), then i can add monsters and items and upload it.

It would have been done by now actually, but i've been spending quite some time coding XGdata line and sector types, like :

Kill all the Mancubi and the doors barring off the red key open,

Flip a switch, two doors open and you get a message onscreen, but you need the red key.
Coloured sectors are created in the same way.

And so on...

Should be finished sometime next week.

NiGHTMARE said:

Very nice :) For some reason it reminds me of RTC-3057, although I'm not entirely sure why. Maybe it's just those yellow lights or something ;)

It's just that they're two great projects, that's all :)

Not as yet... but as the next map is a hospital, expect a demonic patient ward with gutted bodies :)

RailGunner said:

why is there a bright spot in the middle of the door?

lens flare from the light to the right of it. it may look a little dumb in a screenshot, but imo they look great when you're playing it.

That's right; the lens flares cast light spots that move around. Adds an extra touch of realism.

NiGHTMARE said:

Lol, lens flare are hardly realistic ;)

you're looking thru the lens of your helmet =D

Good work... really..

Are you making a Demon hive? That should be great, I'll check your web site.

Sourced Lighting : Look lovely don't they?

Vegeta : The demon hive is built, but i've been out a lot the past few days so i haven't had much time to finish the map.

Take a peek at episode one (Hades' Curse)!

Jdoom v1.13.
I remember someone (Railgunner i think) saying that they got it working in Boom. Fair enough for episode I, but episode II contains new sector and line types that will probably crash or screw up on any other port.

*Sigh*

You can't expect a coder to take an engine that's nearly 10 years old, and make it seem like something that's just come off the shelf in Virgin or something.

That's why id are making Doom III... remember?

Yay! Extra stuff added : Ambient sounds of male and female screaming voices that randomly play between 5 and 12 seconds.

These sector types have been added to the 'Hive' area for extra atmosphere.

ahhggg, i am jelous, i hope everyone says nice stuff about my screenshots when i get round to making my map :)your map is looking cool tho babe!

Finally, map11 (Mount Olympus) is finished - this one will be the first of two 'teaser' maps that we'll release as a prelude to the next 11-level episode of 'The Underworld' megawad. Jdoom v1.13 and higher only.

Download it here at reznor.demon.co.uk/olympus.zip

Enjoy.

{edit - being drunk last nite, i forgot to add the DDXGDATA lump to the WAD. It's now done an uploaded}