Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hawkwind

superimposed lines with type bug

There appears to be a bug where one line is superimposed over another line and one of those lines has a linetype.

An example is in Team TNT's Eternall.wad map 28.

Both lines 4358 and 5922 are gun lines but this is having no effect. This makes this level impossible to complete.

This bug is in the latest dev build.

hawkwind said:

There appears to be a bug where one line is superimposed over another line and one of those lines has a linetype.

An example is in Team TNT's Eternall.wad map 28.

Both lines 4358 and 5922 are gun lines but this is having no effect. This makes this level impossible to complete.

Is this the map with the shootable glass switch covers? If so, you *must* turn off "bullets can hit floors and ceilings" in the compatibility options to finish this map, as that option is incompatible with the bizarrely hacked sector setup they're using on those glass panes.

I'd like EE to detect maps with problems such as that and automatically toggle the options for you appropriately, in the future.

Prior to posting, I did try that option - BTW it it bullets never hit floors and ceilings. Whether enabled or disabled, this has no effect with the issue in question.

Quasar said:

with the bizarrely hacked sector setup they're using on those glass panes.

That map still counts as the largest collection of 'bizarre hacks' I have ever seen. Out of curiosity: How do other 'modern' ports handle that situation?

hawkwind said:

Does this bug also happen in any official or other old releases?