Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

Doomshack.org - Wad hosting & Multiplayer DOOM!

It should still work Memfis, might have just been a hiccup. The max file size is 500mb I think but I'll double check after work, can't remember what we ended up setting it to

Looks like the site security protocols are acting up.. Will make sure to address that once home! MrCrispy has been updating a few things so this is probably a side effect.

@spocks_beard, there will be soon, but not quite yet.

holy aunt jemima, it's like the 90s all over again!

welp, i better start up my windows 98 computer and get on DWANGO :p

Alright, site/uploader should be working again. I've double checked, the size limit is 128mb and the upload cancels if it hasn't completed within 10 minutes. These are the only restrictions for wad/mod uploads, that aside anything goes.

roadworx said:

welp, i better start up my windows 98 computer and get on DWANGO :p

If more people did this I could take "occasionally" off my title again

If anything else acts up, please let me know!

Would it be possible to display the number of downloads for each file? I'm often curious to know that info. :)

Sadly, it looks like the download counter will be insanely hard to implement. My apologies Memfis, I also really wanted this feature..

On the bright side, hundreds of text files have been added to the database so you can read some info about each file before downloading: http://www.doomshack.org/wadlist.php

Still a work in progress, but improving daily :)

Hey peoples, more updates! Cleaned up the wadlist, made the front page look a little more neat, added a link to over 800 MIDI files and made shareware doom playable on the page index. Mr. Crispy has also improved the uploader and has things generally running smoother than ever. We also have a wide array of new servers on ZDaemon and Zandronum!

What's in the pipeline:

• A forum!
  • Automated server hosting with a web interface
  • A Chocolate Doom server

Stay tuned and happy fragging!

I just uploaded a few files to the site - fixed co-op versions of Doom Core, Eternally Yours and Absolute Dishonor (DCVfix, EYfix and ADfix respectively) so hopefully we can see those get some circulation. Really been enjoying the Doomshack servers lately and appreciate the work on the website.

By the way I was wondering, where exactly does powergun.wad originate from? I quite liked playing some WADs like Alien Vendetta and JPCP with them, and I'd like to know who created it or any other info about it.

Got permission to share a fixed-up version of Interception and uploaded it to Doomshack recently. It has the regular intercep.wad name but it's got the broken exits of MAP19 and MAP29 fixed as well as a number of bugs/issues addressed so check it out.

Glad you posted this, reminds me it's time to update the cluster soon! Time for a few fresh servers once I get home tonite.

Powergun is a little mod I threw together :)

Hey, what's up with the upload form? I choose a 3 MB file and it gives me "413 Request Entity Too Large".

I've just uploaded my Brutal Doom v20c unofficial patch and Romero's Heresy II (both released @moddb). I recommend RHII since IMO it's a lot of fun in multiplayer (it's compatible  with Zandro) and brings classic Doom Gameplay to Heretic. Have fun!

@DoomkidDid you finally tried it BTW?

Is that all? I'd be glad to fix that, but I don't want to quickly upload a new version in case I happen to spot anything else.

Also I need to get around making a fix for Reverie to make it more coop friendly.

I uploaded reverie-coop.wad as a coop-friendly alternative to Reverie - I also fixed some of the secrets to make them less obtuse (but not 31) I likely won't be available next month, so if this gets a session of Thursday Night Survival by then I will be sad.

I uploaded JimmyTunes.wad, it's a general compilation of some of James Paddock's/Jimmy's music tracks available on his website.

Also @Doomkid, ever thought of fixing up the image in the first post? I'm too used to the 8 rotation over the 5 (plus mirror) rotation of the player. :B

lol - I will have that changed soon, didn't know if anyone would notice!

Unfortunately some

losers wonderful people have been uploading loads of spam and otherwise malicious shit, packaged into zip files. For this reason, only .wad files will now be accepted. Further, a password must be entered for permission to upload. If you would like me to generate a personal password for you, please contact myself or mrcrispy privately.

I apologize for the massive inconvenience but degenerates who have no friends and no life certain people insist on ruining the fun for everyone.

Follow up from the previous post, the file uploader is back in action! you cannot upload files from behind and proxy and the ip address and other information of the client uploading the file are stored, so troublemaking morons will be locked out with relative ease.

Enjoy having it back! If you find any issues, please do not hesitate to let us know here.

Could you check the latest file I have uploaded? The one with this expected SHA-1: 728cea881001d581e109ba1ac0e98a82a0948738 .