Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LGN-76

Master Chief VS Doomguy (as well as other ScrewAttack Death Battles)

RexFesto696 said:

Ugh. I knew this would happen. I just knew it... :P

But you made the thread anyway.

RexFesto696 said:

And once again, sorry for pissing you guys off.

And the whole world has to
Answer right now
Just to tell you once again,
Who's mad?

MC took a SSG shot directly to the face and lived.

Bullshit.

He can't take a single shotgun blast to the chest in his own game, nevermind the rocket powered SSG of doom 1 and 2.

But Master Chief has kewler gadgets, surely he must win? Besides, there'd be less dissatisfaction among viewers, because Doom is so old.

Tritnew said:

Since Doomslayer seemed to be unstoppable in DOOM 2016 and such, at least to the demons, Master Chief wouldn't stand a chance.

In the old days, I was willing to concede that, in lore terms, the Doom marine would probably lose to the Master Chief considering that Master Chief is a cyborg super soldier and Doomguy was just a battle hardened marine (even though he was a 1980s one-man army action hero).

But now that Doom 2016 pretty much has added that Doomguy somehow received like divine power that made him faster and stronger and apparently able to absorb the skills of his enemies getting stronger with each kill, I'm going to have to say that Master Chief's not got much of a prayer.

dsm said:

In the old days, I was willing to concede that, in lore terms, the Doom marine would probably lose to the Master Chief considering that Master Chief is a cyborg super soldier and Doomguy was just a battle hardened marine (even though he was a 1980s one-man army action hero).

But now that Doom 2016 pretty much has added that Doomguy somehow received like divine power that made him faster and stronger and apparently able to absorb the skills of his enemies getting stronger with each kill, I'm going to have to say that Master Chief's not got much of a prayer.

I figure The Doom Slayer, and his people, are humanoid aliens, like Superman from Krpyton, only with demons.

Da Werecat said:

So, just to clarify: you brought back a debate from I dunno how many years ago because you want people here to get a life and move on?

Or maybe he's just another Slowpoke incarnate, I mean obvious troll which brings forced shitthreads into forums.

'cause it smells and looks just like that.

Wild Dog said:

The 2016 Marine is an uber something (We don't know if he is human or not), with an overpowered Armor that is full of Argent Energy (End Game). Plus he is in bersek mode.

He's indeed human. It's viewable in Codex while you see his helmet closely.

CWolf said:

Or maybe he's just another Slowpoke incarnate, I mean obvious troll which brings forced shitthreads into forums.

'cause it smells and looks just like that.

Come on man! It's not like that. It just came to my mind and I just felt like addressing it. I wasn't trying to be a troll at all.

Again, I'm trying to keep peace with you guys. Please don't treat me like garbage just because of one simple mistake!

RexFesto696 said:

Come on man! It's not like that. It just came to my mind and I just felt like addressing it. I wasn't trying to be a troll at all.

Again, I'm trying to keep peace with you guys. Please don't treat me like garbage just because of one simple mistake!

It's not about mistakes but shitty DB's opinion. We all know they just sympathized to Chief. 'cause he's not interested in organic love, but... synthetic one... oh boy...

All right, tell me honestly: Is Death Battle really that bad and biased?

If you can convince me that it is, then I won't bother with it anymore and I'll actually side with you guys on this 100%, because after all, I do enjoy DOOM a lot more than I enjoy Halo.

dsm said:

But you don't know anything about marines in the Doom universe. There's hardly any lore, TBH.

No its not, for the most part. I feel like they do their research, but they aren't perfect, and views matter. Its hit and miss, but it does seem like people are too quick to judge them.

RexFesto696 said:

Because, unlike most people and/or shows on the Internet, Wiz and Boomstick ACTUALLY DO THEIR HOMEWORK.

I did my homework, but she was a bad lay. Better get over it, kiddo.

Piper Maru said:

You guys are hung up on some space marine from the 90's, let it go guys. It's just a ScrewAttack video.

Absolutely agree...although at the same time I have an cringy, eye-rolly reaction to the god awful voice acting and the obvious bias toward MC. Nothing I'll lose sleep over, but yeah, it's pretty corny.

RexFesto696 said:

All right, tell me honestly: Is Death Battle really that bad and biased?

Who knows? But that DB with MC and Doomguy was wrong. Ive never seen Doomguy move so slow in combat, not even vanilla keyboarders play so slow.

Da Werecat said:

But you don't know anything about marines in the Doom universe. There's hardly any lore, TBH.

That is a fair point.

Always just assumed that since the lore didn't explicitly state that the marines are super-duper soldiers that they were just regular ol' marines in the future.

But the beauty of that lack of lore is that leaves stuff up to the imagination. I do remember a particularly well-written piece of fan fiction that postulated that marines in the Doom era were selected at an early age and enhanced.

ou guys are hung up on some space marine from the 90's, let it go guys. It's just a ScrewAttack video.

Ah but where's the fun in that? :P

Never mind, it made for an entertaining thread :)

Doomguy would have won anyway. It's just Death Battle panders to little kids and old people. Hence why Superman beat out Goku, even though the science proves otherwise.

This is a comment by Jo Vonn on Goku vs Superman.

"Please read all the way through as i will use science to explain why goku can beat superman. It’s a long one. The hilarious thing is it involves goku not using his full power.

Basically ki is harnessing the electric potential your body has. When they make ki blasts they are not “energy blasts” they are plasma blasts. Plasma is what you get from superheating gas. Lets take the Kamehameha. When he has his hands cupped he is essentially superheating the air inside his hands creating plasma.

The reason it has to be plasma is energy is invisible and energy doesn’t have mass. For the ki blasts to push against each other and for the dbz characters to interact with it ie deflecting and stopping it the blasts must have mass. Now the reason I clarified this was suns are made out of plasma. So essentially goku is making a small sun in his hands.

This also explains why his Kamehameha is blue while his regular ki blasts are yellow. A blue star is hotter and gives off more solar radiation than a yellow star(our star). So it makes sense the blue concentrated Kamehameha would be stronger. Now a red star is much cooler than both of them. So I hope you see where im going. When superman is subjected to radiation from the red sun it saturates him and he loses his powers.

So essentially all goku would have to do is power down and hit superman with weaker ki blasts since the ki blasts have to be weaker than the yellow version which would saturate superman with the red radiation taking away his powers and enabling goku to just punch through him."

So in a nutshell?

ScrewAttack panders to Superman fanboys and Halo fanboys. Yes I'm still mad about Superman beating out Goku, because it's bullshit. Goku has Super Saiyan God and could easily beat Superman into a bloody pulp. That plus what that Jo Vonn guy mentioned, about weaker ki blasts taking away Superman's powers.

Master Chief is weak as fuck compared to Doomguy on Berserk, Doomguy on Berserk CAN GIB ENEMIES! LITERALLY GIB ENEMIES!

Do we ever see Master Chief gib his enemies? No.

Case closed. Doomguy wins. Classic Doomguy would wipe the floor with Master Chief.

Doomslayer would make Master Chief his bitch.

Just saying. :P

The only reason Superman won is because Goku refused to let kryptonite defeat him. Goku's need to play fair is what lost it. One of the few death battles that actually gave a proper representation of the characters, of the ones I've seen anyway.

I watched this such a long time ago and just want to say two things:

1.) Why is Doomguy so fucking slow?

2.) Master Chief can't reflect bullets with his beam sword just because the elites can. Tell me when in Halo this happens? That's what I thought

DoomzRules said:

Doomguy would have won anyway. It's just Death Battle panders to little kids and old people. Hence why Superman beat out Goku, even though the science proves otherwise.

DoomzRules said:

the science proves otherwise.

DoomzRulez confirmed a PhD in dork sciences!

dew said:

DoomzRulez confirmed a PhD in dork sciences!

Oh yes... I'm totally a PhD in dork sciences!

What are you a PhD in? Fork sciences?

That's a Library of Alexandria-tier burn, I am undone. Let me know if you need to establish who'd win in a fight between a spoon and a fork.