Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CrazyDoomguy

SLADE3 and more question

1. How can I add new light source for example candle from deus vult II in my WAD?
2. How can I make round room on doom builder? exist a tool compasses?
3. About texture on wall. If there texture not symetric placed with other texture, I need take this texture and move so, that both texture are symetric fit. But this way cost many time and concetration... exist automatic texture correctur?

1. Either simply replace an existing thing's sprite with a custom sprite, or use DEHACKED to replace an existing thing with a custom one that may behave differently, or (if you're editing for ZDoom) do it via DECORATE.

2. Use "Curve Linedef" feature in Linedef mode, or if you're using GZDoom Builder, there is a "Draw Ellipse" mode. Both of these just split a linedef into multiple linedefs that together approximate a curve. There is no way to make actually curved individual linedefs.

3. If the symmetric-looking texture is a texture of a different name than the original one, the editor has no way of knowing that those two textures have anything in common, so it can't do anything smart with them. However, if the original texture and its symmetrical counterpart are actually just 2 parts of the same texture that are directly next to each other on this texture, you can use Doom Builder's "Automatic Texture Alignment" feature (Ctrl+A / Shift+A / Ctrl+Shift+A) in the 3D Visual Mode.

1. I solved it!!! I thought, I would better forget it!!!

Just add this Candle between SS_START and SS_END

2. I found combination shift + C. Thank you :)

3. About shift + A dont work...

I didn't remember if the default shortcut was Ctrl+A or Shift+A, so I just said both, but only one of them is actually valid, sorry. Also check out "Tools -> Preferences -> Controls" or "Help -> Keyboard Shortcuts Reference" in DB2 or GZDB.

Automatic vertical align sometimes does what you want, other times does nothing at all, or it can makes things much worse than they were. And it can't be explained by science.

Oh, I understand now. To make automatic vertical alignment work properly on 2-sided linedefs (relatively to 1-sided linedefs or unpegged 2-sided ones), give the linedefs an "Upper Unpegged" flag (to make the automatic alignment work properly on their upper texture) and a "Lower Unpegged" flag (to make it work on their lower texture).

Ok I try it later, another question, I want build a detail map "cathedral" and for saving time I have idea. I build one half of cathedral and on final I mark all half piece, copy them and make it in kind on other side (mirror effect). It possible make at Doom builder? I need exact.

Yes, you can select multiple sectors, copy and paste them, and the pasted sectors will behave as a "Selection", which you can move (by dragging), resize (by dragging edges of the selection's bounding box), rotate (by dragging corners of the selection's bounding box) or flip horizontally/vertically (by pressing buttons on the toolbar, or respective keyboard shortcuts). You can also enter the "Edit Selection" mode by selecting some sectors and pressing "E".

scifista42 said:

If the symmetric-looking texture is a texture of a different name than the original one, the editor has no way of knowing that those two textures have anything in common, so it can't do anything smart with them.

Not entirely true for GZDB. It will auto-align selected wall parts regardless of their textures (handy when you have several textures, which can tile into one another).

kuchitsu said:

Automatic vertical align sometimes does what you want, other times does nothing at all, or it can makes things much worse than they were.

If this also happens in GZDB, I'd like to see some examples.

kuchitsu said:

And it can't be explained by science.

It can be. Vertical auto-aligning logic in DB2 / GZDB in Doom/Hexen map formats ignores peggedness flags, so you may need to toggle those manually after auto-aligning is performed. GZDB in UDMF, on the other hand, will always align textures properly, because it can be done regardless of peggedness flags.

Fonze said:

I dropped my spoon.

Because of the auto-alignment or the Selection mode?

Give those linedefs "wrap middle texture" flag (only exists in certain ZDoom-specific map formats / game configurations), or just change the cage's sector height to match the texture's height (in vanilla / Boom, this is all you can do).

You were told. One of these three options:
- Use the "Wrap midtex" flag
- Use a texture as tall as the opening
- Use an opening as tall as the texture

Gez said:

You were told. One of these three options:
- Use the "Wrap midtex" flag

I know, but I cant find these tools....

As scifista said, wrapmidtex is a feature only found in some ZDoom configurations. If you don't have it, you have the other two options that remain:

Gez said:

As scifista said, wrapmidtex is a feature only found in some ZDoom configurations. If you don't have it, you have the other two options that remain:

hmmm... I dont know how make texture tall and other thing... can you explain me for example (steps): tools - linedef - wrap texture.

I need know how and where...