Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kuchitsu

Favorite Doomworld members

Joe, you are seriously trying my patience. I don't hold any grudges, but this is becoming tedious:

Spoiler

joe-ilya said:

You said you liked someone because he's a great person, I said that he's not that great, you tell me it's OK not to be great and that everyone isn't great, while I agreed, I gave you proof that his behaviour isn't good either and now you tell me that I'm a toxic whiny stupid dramatic kid, what the hell?

I mentioned him for being passionate, so don't you dare put words in my mouth! If you think he's "not that great" it's your choice. Regardless, this not the place to argue, but you just can't let go, can you?

joe-ilya said:

That's a terrible reason to hate me and disagree with me, just because it's an argument between you and me.

I do not hate you, I openly criticize you for insisting on derailing this thread, just because you disagree, and obviously fail to differentiate between a mention because of being passionate, and a mention for any other given reason.

joe-ilya said:

I was just giving you awareness, not trying to cock around, if you like him that much, you could've told me that you don't care about his attitude but only his passion, that's an option too. I agree about his passion, I wish I had it.

Well, guess what? I said why I had metioned him, I explained why I did so to begin with, and now I have to wonder why you insist on "not having been told". And just to clear that one up: If you agreed on his passion, like you now say you do, your entire array of questioning me, and arguing over something so minor, is utterly pointless.

I criticized yaqswx as well, feel free to look it up. I adressed him a couple times, and he explained openly, for everybody to see, why he reacted the way that he did. In the end he was honest and open enough for me to reconsider my stance towards him. And it is entirely my choice.

joe-ilya said:

The reason I started disagreeing is because I'm not a yesman, if I see something I disagree, I say it, I show a proof and learn a lesson if it occurs to me that I was wrong.

I don't need anyone to be a "yesman". I do appreciate people who know when it's the time and the place.

joe-ilya said:

Your standarts are low and that's probably why you honour yaqxsw under such trophies as Linguica, Dew and Dobu Gabu Maru.

You dare talk to me like you know anything about me and my standards in the first place, and then manange to call people "trophies"? Are you completely out of your mind?

Again:
-I mentioned yaqswx for being passionate. You said you don't think he's a good person. What's one thing have to do with the other?
-Then I explained my point of view, but you really had to keep pushing on, and insisted on disagreeing, eventhough you obviously missed my point from the get-go.
-Now you say you agree that he is passionate. So what was your point the enire time?!

I love how joe-ilya inspires people to post. I also like that I see him on ZDaemon servers sometimes

Sure Bowb said:

You dare talk to me like you know anything about me and my standards in the first place, and then manange to call people "trophies"? Are you completely out of your mind?

There's nothing wrong in calling someone a trophy, it's a metaphor for being valuable.

So you just like yaqxsw's passion, that's a wierd reason to like that when you have even more passionate people like Jimmy and many others.
The reason I thought you thought that he's a good person is because when you like someone and claim them as your favorite and explain why, it seems like the explanation is an additional compliment to saying "Let's be friends". You could've just said "I don't like him, but his passion is truly inspiring", I would've understood.

One last time, joe

Spoiler

joe-ilya said:

There's nothing wrong in calling someone a trophy, it's a metaphor for being valuable.

I find the idea of comparing people to lifeless objects questionable. But whatever works for you.

joe-ilya said:

So you just like yaqxsw's passion, that's a wierd reason to like that when you have even more passionate people like Jimmy and many others.

Right, the main differnce is that I did not interact with these people at all. If I were to mention every mapper, every MIDI-composer, every modder, whose work and effort I enjoyed, well, that would be a bit much, wouldn't it? Besides: It was an honourable mention. It's not like I said yaqswx was someone I'd directly compare to skillsaw, or ribbiks, or stewboy and so on. There is a difference that you did not grasp from the very beginning.

joe-ilya said:

The reason I thought you thought that he's a good person is because when you like someone and claim them as your favorite and explain why, it seems like the explanation is an additional compliment to saying "Let's be friends". You could've just said "I don't like him, but his passion is truly inspiring", I would've understood.

I never said he was a "good person", nor did I say he was a "bad person". I can't really tell. What I can tell is, that he was persistant enough to pursue a personal goal he set himself in the past, eventhough he did not know what he would have to do to actually make it happen. Believe it or not, that is a rare feat to have/find these days.

And if I said "I don't like his personality, but I appreciate his passion", it would have been a lie. My stance towards him as a person is relatively neutral, leaning a bit towards positive, hence I mentioned him for being passionate, which I think is fair to say, considering what is known about him. Please stop implying that I should agree with your perception of him as a person, just so you could "understand" my point of view. You're effectively saying, that I would have been right, from your point of view, if I called him a "passionate asshat", which I simply do not agree with. My opinion does not need your understanding, but it very well deserves being tolerated.

Speaking of tolerance, you're likely to say that I should tolerate you point of view as well, right? Actually I do, to some degree. But given that this is the "Favorite Doomworld members"-thread, and not the "Favorite Doomworld members, according to joe-ilya"-thread, your entire idea of turning this into a discussion, and demanding justification from others is pointless, it has been from the beginning.

Look, Joe, just because you do not like somebody doesn't mean everyone else has to hate them too.

They have been a dick to you specifically at one point, sure, but that alone doesn't mean they are a complete cock sausage (well, as far as I can tell looking at their post history). Honestly if I were you I'd not continue with this and just let it go but I am however not you so really it is down to you if you continue to look like an arse.

Just sayin.

This thread needs a clean up, been thoroughly derailed by something that doesn't need to be public. Take it to a PM.

Doomkid said:

This thread needs a clean up, been thoroughly derailed by something that doesn't need to be public. Take it to a PM.

You're right. I apologize for the inconvenience.

*cough*

Alright let's get back to it.

I like Doomkid too, for he is Australian and a well balanced person.

Waitwaitwait; you're all derailing the giant circle jerk with your praddling and bickering! How am I supposed to compliment Doomkid's cute nails, 40Oz's handy fannypack, Memfis's big beefy biceps, Chris Hansen's ability to take a compliment, Z0k's gift of interior decorating, didy's ability to perform the most stunning makeovers, or dew's genuine love for all creatures under the sun, with all this mindless-I-wanna-see-myself-post nonsense going on?

Fonze is absolutely right, its hard to enjoy these compliments on my nails with all these long confrontational posts. In unrelated news, Fonze is definitely one of my favorites, the man knows good nails when he sees them

Just to name a few, notable ones over the years. Probably naming a lot of other fellow port authors, but oh well. Probably forgetting a lot..my apologies:

Graf - honest, helpful, blunt. Best qualities right there IMO.

andrewj - The Man.

plums - a gentleman and cool person =)

fraggle - super helpful, wise on everything DOOM, honorable mention to Quasar as well =)

Ledilmann - a sweetie <3

fabian - also really cool, honorable mention to AlexMax

Maes - 'dat ass, also sage-like with the wisdom and all that.

BombChel - super sweet <3

Essel - lovely personality ^_^

Fiend - like family

yukib1t - <3

darknation - duhh

And all the other people who haven't turned me into a weird Facebook meme...lol!