Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kontra Kommando

Aliens (TC) 2016 / Alien (HD): The Ship - Demo Double Feature

I had these unfinished projects laying around, so I decided to present them as demos. I will continue work on re-skinning the rest of the Aliens (TC) remake. If people like the HD version, I could possibly make more levels for that as well.

Download
---------------------
Alien (HD): The Ship Demo

Game: Doom 2
Source-port: gzdoom
Map01 replacement

http://www.mediafire.com/download/x14v8vb3ijmvbz6/Alien+%28HD%29+-+The+Ship+DEMO.zip

***Be sure to drag and drop all files at once, on the source-port***

Download
---------------------
Aliens (TC) (2016) Demo

Game: Ultimate Doom
Source-port: gzdoom
E2M1-E2M6 replacement

http://www.mediafire.com/download/azw7l0qzrd008zr/Aliens+%28TC%29+%282016%29+DEMO.zip

***Be sure to drag and drop all files at once, on the source-port***

Good stuff Kontra; that second video was a nice watch and showcased the mod much better than the first. This promises to be a very fun mod when it's completed!

lol yea, it does actually sound like that when she falls down the stairway.

I can make another play through with more action, and post it. The first level has no enemies.

Since the original Aliens (TC) replaces the second and third episodes of Ultimate Doom, I'm thinking of making replacements for the first and fourth.

I will create a second version of the same maps used in the original main campaign, but include randomized spawners for weapons, enemies, and pick ups. I will even add some NPCs to assist the player randomly. I will include all of the enemies in ALIENS: The Ultimate Doom (i.e. The Predator, Combat synthetics) I am sort of taking inspiration from Resident Evil: Director's Cut. I remember they had a mode where you could play the original layout, or the "Advanced" version, which was more challenging.

This will be a separate version from the original, which will stay true to the old layout.

I said it before and I will say it again: I think allied NPCs are a detriment to an otherwise great mod. Their AI is terrible, they can easily kill you accidentally and they ruin the claustrophobic atmosphere with their very presence.

I'm thinking about revisiting the HD sprites.

I was playing the HD version, and I consider it to be scarier.

I particularly want to get the essence of the xenomorph's movements down, as well as color the dome to look darker, like in the movies.

I want to make a map using HD textures ripped from a more recent Aliens game.

I'm re-doing the walking frames, and altering the original sprites I made, significantly in photo shop. Moreover, I have darkened the dome of the Xenomorph, to be more like the movie.