Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AwesomeO-789

What's your favourite song or track?

Nu-Doom/neo-Doom/Doom 4/DOOM! has some bloody awesome music. I'm gonna get a lot of shit for this but I'd go as far as to say it's on par, if not in some places better, than the soundtrack of the Ultimate Doom.

So - what's your favourite song in the soundtrack, and why?

There are tons of neat tracks in the new game and it's difficult for me to choose my favourite. I reckon BFG Division is my favourite by a smidgen, with Flesh and Metal only a tiny bit behind in second place.

It has a really cool build up that reacts to how the battles flow in-game, e.g if you're facing against smaller enemies like imps and possessed soldiers the track will only play the beginning bits but when things like revenants and mancubuses start joining the battle it ramps up and it's glorious as shit.

The haunting moans and screams in the background give off a sense of something out of the ordinary or supernatural happening - I mean, they're fucking demons.

The neat little nods to Waltz of the Demons in this track are fucking amazing too. I was never a fan of the original version, but I enjoy how BFG Division takes that track and completely changes the tone and how it feels.

So, what's your favourite track?

This one.

I bet you can recognize some soundtracks from classic doom, such as "Into Sandy's City" and "Shawn's got the shotgun", in this track.

https://youtu.be/VJT0Xh5ZrOg

the first few mins of the track are just "ok" but the riff at 4:45 and onward is the best of any track on the new OST for me right now. i think bfg division is a bit overplayed considering the main riff is just one note primarily. its a great track but best used sparingly.

Moon Marin said:

https://youtu.be/VJT0Xh5ZrOg

the first few mins of the track are just "ok" but the riff at 4:45 and onward is the best of any track on the new OST for me right now. i think bfg division is a bit overplayed considering the main riff is just one note primarily. its a great track but best used sparingly.

Here's a version that's just 4:45 for you.

That one's also a neat track, I love it!

I liked the small ambient track played at the end of VEGA Central Processing. A memorable moment when the supercomputer gets shut.

BFG Division, hands down. the battle themes for the Hell levels are also fantastic.

i also like the looping synth part for when you get to the VEGA core. it's so simple, but it really has a epic feel to it, IMO.