Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lotica

Starting on a DOOM wad [NO NAME YET]

Hello folks! This is Lotica here.

A few years ago, I started on a project that was too ambitious for my abilities at the time. I mean hell, I didn't even know how to do a door, and I was trying to go for an "epic" RPG or something (Wasn't I edgy, huh?). So, that project was indeed scrapped.

So I decided to go small and do a basic DOOM wad, as I like to go for something that has the feel of the original game.

There's no name or even a story (if one will exist) yet. I only started on the project this week and it'll probably be a random schedule of when I do work on the thing.

What I can show off is video of the first level I'm working on at the moment. Everything in the level is subject to change and a lot of the rooms built aren't even finished yet. Any switches, enemies, etc. are subject to change.

FYI: The music is "Task Force" from Rise of The Triad.

Looks pretty neat so far.

I'd suggest not using that metal wall texture so much, though. I like the monster placement and the layout so far.

TraceOfSpades said:

Looks pretty neat so far.

I'd suggest not using that metal wall texture so much, though. I like the monster placement and the layout so far.

Yeah, that metal texture was a placeholder for the time being. I'm definitely going to vary things up with the textures. Don't you worry! ;)