Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snapshot

Left 4 Dead 3 teased by a screenshot taken from a Tuto .

Could be an accident dough .

ValveTime, a Valve fansite, posted a screenshot taken from a tutorial by Valve artist Tristan Reidford for Destinations Workshop Tools. In the screenshot, a folder named left4dead3 is visible. You can see it the image below, at the top left of the folders.

I would personally say it's suspiciously conspicuous at the top left of the folders, almost as if the directory had been purposely scrolled down just enough to see it. But who knows?

Sources :

PC Gamer : http://www.pcgamer.com/left-4-dead-3-potentially-teased-by-screenshot-of-valve-employees-folder/?utm_content=buffer48f97&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer_pcgamer

ValveTime : http://www.valvetime.net/threads/left-4-dead-3-lightly-teased-in-destinations-workshop-tools-tutorial.256357/

So Valve can finally count to 3.

This proves that there IS a God, and it's Gaben.

All joking aside, I can hardly believe that there'll be a L4D3, it could be scrapped concept art for all we know.

we've seen similer things on l4d3 and hl3 for years now. doesn't confirm anything but that it's in the works. the big theory is theyll both come out with source 2 is it?

Wow a folder that might as well be empty.

That's pretty much scraping the bottom of the barrel for things to speculate about, right up there with trying to make out Lambda symbols in random images.

Lmao, you still have hopes that L4D3 and HL3 will ever see the light, well sorry to disapoint ya, but it ain't gonna happen, these images and shit are fake, fan-made stuff, if anything, Valve needs to announce that L4D3 and HL3 are cancelled, seriously, this shit has been going for too long and it think it's time to stop this nonsense.
And even if L4D3 exists, i'm not suprised.

Left for Dead 3... Left 4 Dead 3...

F#*$ left for Dead 3. This would be the sort of ruse Gabe would use to Troll the masses. "Big Game Announcement coming Folks" Ever wanted to find out who the Gman is? Good for you, Left 4 Dead 3 has been announced!

That's no mistake, I'm sure of that. But I wouldn't get my hopes up either. This is still Valve we're talking about, they're probably just taking the piss.

I think the most we saw of potential assets for Left 4 Dead 3 is that level remade in Source Engine 2. Surely, Valve wouldn't take the time to remake that unless it was going somewhere, right?

I think Valve added it on purpose as either an in-joke or just to spit up some hype so they can then release Ricochet 2 or something.

I'm gonna say the former is more likely.

From my understanding, Valve is very prolific internally but they don't release most of their stuff.

You know something?

I've heard so much about Half-Life 3, Left 4 Dead 3, Portal 3, Team Fortress 3, and a new Day of Defeat game that at this point?

I don't fucking care anymore. I just don't give a flying fuck. Because I know for a fact it's never going to happen. The day that VALVE counts to 3, will be the day that a monkey magically grows wings and can start to fly high up into the sky.

Gonna be hard to do a Portal 3 without either doing someone other than Chell or somehow managing to make it a puzzle game with Chell surviving on the surface.

I remember seeing HL2 in YouTube videos back in 2008-2009 and being really impressed by how real it looked and how cool the story was. By this point I imagine the Half-Life series has faded from public memory quite a bit.

Jaxxoon R said:

I remember seeing HL2 in YouTube videos back in 2008-2009 and being really impressed by how real it looked and how cool the story was. By this point I imagine the Half-Life series has faded from public memory quite a bit.

Maybe faded a bit, but not gone. I think more than anything people are just willfully ignoring it until Valve says something about it. Keep in mind it's been 12 years since both Doom 3 and Half-Life 2 were released, and there was a pretty fair amount of hype for Doom 4.

If and when Half-Life 3 is announced I'm sure the internet will explode in a giant nerd-gasm. I myself am firmly in the boat of "I don't really care until I hear something about it." Even then my hype is pretty far gone, didn't care all that much for Half-Life 2 in the first place, and it's been 9 years since Episode 2.

They've always gotten praise, after they proved everyone wrong and fixed all the problems with Steam when it first came out.

It's true, though. They don't really make games anymore and haven't been really interested. I recall Gaben saying once that there isn't really any hierchy structure at Valve and everyone just kind of works on what they feel like working on and lately they've been more interested in working on things like Steam Streaming, the Steam controller, and now it seems like VR. Maybe one of these days they'll get the itch to want to go back to gaming again and we'll see some kind of sequel to something...

Jello said:

Maybe faded a bit, but not gone. I think more than anything people are just willfully ignoring it until Valve says something about it. Keep in mind it's been 12 years since both Doom 3 and Half-Life 2 were released, and there was a pretty fair amount of hype for Doom 4.

If and when Half-Life 3 is announced I'm sure the internet will explode in a giant nerd-gasm. I myself am firmly in the boat of "I don't really care until I hear something about it." Even then my hype is pretty far gone, didn't care all that much for Half-Life 2 in the first place, and it's been 9 years since Episode 2.

Let's just hope, if and when Valve decides to do it, that it doesn't end up like Duke Nukem Forever. Hyped for over a decade only for it to be a disappointing piece of mediocrity.

I honestly think that's why they've chosen not to do anything and not to say anything (I really don't believe they've been working on it. Not as long as it's been anticipated anyway).

If they are working on something, then it's probably for the best that they aren't trying to hype it. Don't want to get people's expectations up too high. If and when they release such a thing, the hype will build itself accordingly.

They're working on both of these franchises I strongly believe. They were openly working on HL:ep3 but something happend along the way, seems like something went wrong/they didn't like the direction they were going. As for hype? it would be counter productive to announce anything more then a year out from release (there are many ways this applies). It's best not to worry about it till it's here. I think it's funny seeing some of these kids talking about how they're sick of waiting for it considering they weren't even apart of the fan base when the first either of the first two games came out.