Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Doom 64 EX: Skyboxes stopped working for no reason :/

So I am making a large map for Doom 64 EX. I have 2 different types of skyboxes, one space sky which I use in the base areas and another theme for the hell areas in the map. Everything was working just fine, but now all of a sudden for no reason the skyboxes in the hell area don't render anymore. Now I just get the "you suck at making maps" texture instead of the intended hell sky. I have no idea why this happens since it's been working fine so far. In fact, NONE of the different types of skyboxes appear to work anymore except for the original one that I started with. All the other now merely display the "you suck at making maps texture" and don't render at all.

What is going on???

EDIT: I tried delete a chunk of the map to see if it made any difference. And sure enough, now the hell skyboxes worked. Is there a limit to mapsize before you start getting bugs like this?

Weird, I didn't know you could use two skies in one map - I tried once and got the same effect you mentioned. Maybe the ability to use two skies is the bug and further mapping caused it to correct itself? I dunno.

iori said:

Weird, I didn't know you could use two skies in one map - I tried once and got the same effect you mentioned. Maybe the ability to use two skies is the bug and further mapping caused it to correct itself? I dunno.

Nah I think it's just something that happens after the map gets too big. I decided to split my level into 2 seperate levels and now my skyboxes work as intended. I guess it's just a techncal limitation :/

hardcore_gamer said:

EDIT: I tried delete a chunk of the map to see if it made any difference. And sure enough, now the hell skyboxes worked. Is there a limit to mapsize before you start getting bugs like this?

Depends, how large of a map are we talking about here? As far as I'm aware, Doom 64 EX is subject to a lot of vanilla mapping limitations. For example, 32767 segs, and 64k blockmap limit.