Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bloodshot

Tower of Glass - Classic-style map - QKPAAUC9

This map is called the Tower of Glass because half of it is made of window props

QKPAAUC9

It's semi classic, enemies drop armor but that's it so you gotta collect health and ammo. Supports SP and COOP (hopefully nothing's broken in coop)

Dried this and go up and I could use a few optimizations. Such thing as would be more ammo in respawning weapons. Also the one life thing sucks we hate getting kicked out of the match.

I see the two new props got seriously abused here ;)
U hope these two pathetic glimpses of (not so much) fresh air are just a taste of things to come.

julz_d said:

Dried this and go up and I could use a few optimizations. Such thing as would be more ammo in respawning weapons. Also the one life thing sucks we hate getting kicked out of the match.

I updated it with some combat/pickup balance changes, lives (its a shared pool so 3 if you are playing solo) and respawning weapons and a checkpoint to prevent a walk.

I played through your map, and the large amount of windows makes it feel less claustrophobic, which is good. I like how instead of using player - blocking volumes for the walls, you settled for the backsides of the reinforced walls, which also effectively block enemies and projectiles.

In other words, your map is an amazing showcase for the potential of windows, and using large props as walls. Not so much on gameplay, I was hoping for the less linear approach of Classic Doom's maps.

8/10

THIS MAP WAS DAMN GOOD. Even though i didn't ran into the things shown in the screenshots (such as the mancubus fight, the rocket, and the bfg), it was still great. Sad it was somewhat short.

Gameplay: 3/5 – Gameplay reminded me a lot of the old doom days, and I loved it! Sad it was short, though, but to be expected with so much attention to map design!
Difficulty: 2/5: - Not the most challenging snapmap, but it didn’t keep me bored. Beat it on first try.
Map Design: 6/5 - Windows. Windows windows windows. DAMN they made this map look nice!
Sound: 5/5 - EXCELLENT. The song always kicked in during intense fights! Really loved that last fight tune!
Uniqueness: 4/5 - It ain’t much in gameplay, but its fun enough to play just for the map alone. It’s a short, but sweet experience!
Technicality: 3/5 - Ran into an INTENSE slowdown up the spiral stairway. Don’t know what the hell was that, but I doubt its my PS4 causing it.

If ever people think the windows prop is useless, i'll refer to your map!

It was a lot of fun. The atmosphere was great and I really like the way you used the volumes to create a puzzle. Gameplay was a little short, but that's only a negative because I was having so much fun and wanted more.

Difficulty: 2/5 Not really challenging, although I did have some trouble once I ran out of ammo at the final barron which made things interesting.

Balance: The game did have a nice ramp up of power weapons with stronger demons as you go, which is nice, but it was never particularly challenging. One approach might be to have more limited maximum ammo, balanced with more small ammo drops and less of the big ammo drops. Or to increase demon damage/health.

Overall: 4/5 Fun and interesting, will definitely play again.