• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Vegeta

A monster that heal himself

Is that posible to do in Vanilla DOOM?

I'd like to do something like Majin-Boo from Dragon Ball

That sort of thing can only be possible by C++ coding. Besides, the only that this would be good for are boss type monsters like the Cyberdemon. If you really want to replace an enemy with Majin Buu, it will take a lot more work than simply making a monster with the ability to heal himself. For this, you will need to know something about his behavior. For instance, he doesn't just heal himself, he heals himself completely. You could unload every single rocket you have and use up every single plasma shot to get him down to 50 HP, and if given the chance, he will restore himself to his full health (somewhere in the thousands maybe?). For this reason, using this in Doom is not a good idea. I could say more, but I don't want to spoil the rest of the series if Final Atonement is the last episode you've seen.

I already have good Majin Boo sprites for four diferent forms (kid, fat, super, hiper). It should be nice to fight it.
May be the only way to do it in Vanilla DOOM is using something of the Arch-vile codepointers...

P.S: Yes, I already saw all the chapters in the Dragon Ball series, I love that program :-)

Vegeta said:

I already have good Majin Boo sprites for four diferent forms (kid, fat, super, hiper). It should be nice to fight it.
May be the only way to do it in Vanilla DOOM is using something of the Arch-vile codepointers...

P.S: Yes, I already saw all the chapters in the Dragon Ball series, I love that program :-)

archvile code pointers wont help you, unless you make two buus and have them ressurect eachother when they die :D

unless one of those "advanced scripting languages" that some doom ports have will do it, you'll have to hand code the functionality, which is really not all that hard tho.

Zdoom scripts allow both a "damage thing" and "heal thing" function. There might be a way to have a script running which continually heals a tagged monster at some selected rate. The script could also make some approriate healing sound or other effect. I know you said "vanilla doom" but what the heck.

Biffy, that looks very interesting, I wish I how to do scriptings...

Is there any tutorial?