Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Krimson Madness

Angry Review of DOOM

People claim he gives honest reviews, but its all based on one guys opinion and I see that he's sometimes blinded by anger or hype.

For example: Giving Skyrim a 10/10 is a case of being blinded by hype since the game has many flaws and is no where near a perfect game.

Shit now i'm sounding biased.

Everyone is biased. That's why we read/watch reviews. Plural. You can't watch any one review and ever get an objective image of what the subject is all about. Reviews are always biased. You can't get around this. The key is watching more than one.

But don't trust gaming journalism sites like IGN. They're wholly untrustworthy. I'll take the word of an average Joe (pun intended) or two over them anyday.

I don't get why people are upset, i mean it's acting, i think of ASJ as the modern AVGN, whereas James review classic games and classic movies, Joe reviews modern games and modern movies.
All those rants and stuff you see are acting, these take time to film and require extensive editing, which is tiresome, you should be grateful they do these videos, cuz' they do it for fun and to warn people if it's worth playing a game or not.

I've seen an interesting variety of YT game shows and the tone of shows like Angry Joe are hard for me to digest. I don't get the impression that he understands much about cinematic language, pacing, beats, inflections, emphasis, editing, general cinematography, etc. So it ends up feeling a bit too cable access. I prefer the Errant Signal review of Doom, but it's also got its problems because the narrator is sometimes really up his own ass with the whole attitude of being objectively correct about this assertion versus that. Honestly, I think a lot of it has to do with age, people in their 20s and and such can be really insufferable (something I thought we outgrew in our teenage years but seems to go on well into our 30s) and it tends to take time to chill the fuck out and present one's self a bit less frantically.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Wow, did it really take you a day and half to think of an answer ? Even if your answer has no actual relation with what i said ? "New Low" .

I have a life. Ignorant.

The AVGN doesn't review anything, it's just a show making fun of old games, with no claim to objectivity (see the recurring "LJN develop games" trope). James Rolfe is a filmmaker, not a (self-proclaimed) critic, and his stuff is 100% scripted and staged.

Angry Joe on the other hand actually does review stuff, and his shows are far less rigorously scripted, apart from his costumed shenanigans. Say about his presentation/personality what you want, but the comparison to AVGN doesn't hold water.

The ball keeps rolling with OP's outright insults, Best way to end this is to move OP's thread to Hell .

Behave like children ..... , all i said was "Halo fan" and the guy started attacking me for expressing myself, Guess who's the children here .

Whatever man, let it go then. Continuing on.

AngryJoe can be quite funny when he's outraged. When he's not and he's praising the game he's just entertaining to watch as he gushes forth over it. Either way, both methods are always very well-thought out and informative. Except in Doom's case here. I'm a little confused that he let something like this go out there, but like I said before he's got a lot going on and probably just wanted to get it off his plate. I truly believe he has good reasons for giving Doom the rating it has, he always does. But he didn't spend the time to articulate them properly. Still, in the 13 minutes he had at least it wasn't FULL of just fluff. It wasn't the most in-depth review he's done, but he did something and it wasn't wholly bad. I liked it.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Behave like children ..... , all i said was "Halo fan" and the guy started attacking me for expressing myself, Guess who's the children here .

Don't take the victim role.

Neutral opinion:
Both of you behave like children regarding a comedy review on YouTube(!!!) of a computer game(!!) about fighting digital demons(!!!!!).

Then again, this is the internet, so no common sense applies....:

Krimson Madness said:

Don't take the victim role.

Are you telling me that you're the victim here ?, Cause i don't see myself insulting you, You fucked up, accept it and move on .

Holy SHIT this thread has derailed quickly.

I'll get to the subject of things: I liked the review, despite it not being that long as a usual Angry Joe video. It was pretty decent at best.

Though, I think it was a unnecessary review.

Never really liked AJ's personality but his reviews are ok and I agree with most of them.

With everyone sucking Doom off it really looks like I should get it.

It may not be the second coming of Christ some people celebrate it as, but it sure is the most fun I had with a shooter in a long time. I like my games focused and free of clutter, so I take this over the clunky and chaotic mess that is e.g. the Shadow Warrior remake any day.

MusicallyInspired said:

It's not so much that it's such a good game as it is such a pleasant pleasant surprise that it's not terrible like we were expecting.

Pretty much this.

It could have been what Duke Nukem Forever was for the Duke Nukem series. Instead, it seems like a worthy addition to the series.

Then again, it is a shining beacon of light compared to most of the modern garbage that's out now. I mean, games aren't as widely bad as they were a few years ago anymore, but Doom is one of the better ones for sure.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Are you telling me that you're the victim here ?, Cause i don't see myself insulting you, You fucked up, accept it and move on .

Yeah yeah stfu.

tuo said:

Neutral opinion:
Both of you behave like children regarding a comedy review on YouTube(!!!) of a computer game(!!) about fighting digital demons(!!!!!).

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/007/582/tumblr_lmputme3co1qa6q7k_large.png

Then again, this is the internet, so no common sense applies....:

https://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png

The thing is he call Angry Joe a fanboy when Angry Joe is a fan of good games and not just Halo. You're right this is ridiculous, haha funny pictures man :D

I think it's safe to say that the real reason why he took a long while to get a review video out for this game is because he was having too much fun with it lol.