Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Favorite enemy?

Edited by Guest

Hiya!

Mancubus. I like the way it sounds, and the gurguly-exhale and slopping-flesh sound it makes when it dies. I like it's lumbering, bulky sort of walk too. The shape of a mancubus actually looks like it could support it's weight and weapon-arms. The Pinkies always bug me because they are so unbalanced looking.

Runner up would be the Cacodemon. It sounds cool too...it's hiss, and it's death nell sound are particularily nice. And, like the mancubus, when it dies it's sloppy-flesh goop noises and body make a nice pile.

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Probably the Cyberdemon. Most of the more annoying demons use some kind of gimmick but the Cyberdemon is just straight up a berserker, tons of health and deals a ton of damage but, when you boil it down, he's just a projectile enemy like Imps. Just majorly souped up. Definitely far more of an exciting boss than the Spider-Duck Behind Corners-Mastermind.

I like all the monsters.

But I love the Mancubus, Cacodemon, and foremost the Revenant.

I like the Arch-Vile and the Mancubus. Both have great design and are fun to fight against. Plus they're the one who used to scare me when I first played Doom 2.

The lovely Revenant, we are close friends and we love to play punch-out and we play dodge projectiles too.
Honorable mentions to Cacodemon for being funny and always grinning and the Arch-Vile for it's magic abilities and for being quick.

I like Revenants. A big, armoured skeleton that shoots homing missiles? It's a rather original design and the fact that they're fast, deadly in large groups and require extra care to avoid their projectiles makes them the staple enemy in harder wads. Archviles are great as well since they drastically change your playstyle whenever they're deployed.

I find the Spider Mastermind in all Dooms to be awesome. Although combat wise, it's not so great. However the sounds, the looks, the towering size and death sequences are fairly epic.

The Arch-Vile, Cyberdemon and Pain Elemental are all equally badass in my opinion. Powerful and intimating enemies with great design. The Revenant is cool, too.

Arch-Viles + Pain Elementals + Crushers + Rocket Launcher

Cacodemon. A slowly approaching orb of death and dorkiness.
Its menacing smile and visible poophole strike fear into even the toughest marine's heart.

Also Doom 3's Hell Knight.

Revenants. When I fight a hell knight, baron, caco, chaingunner, or arach, I pretty much know how it's going to go. Revenant attacks vary just enough to force improvisation, even moreso than arch viles or PEs.

My second favorite is the lovable mancubus. You know when the local cyberdemon raises the alarm the manc is the first to wade into the fray. There's some variation with his attacks as well.

in terms of just looks the classic baron is one of my favorites because of it's badass headshape, i was actually really dissapointed at the new baron because of its weird head. i also really like the new pinky demon and new mancubus, as well as the classic cyberdemon. the d3 pinky is also cool. that said i've always been a big fan of id software's creature designs and like the majority of what they've done

raymoohawk said:

in terms of just looks the classic baron is one of my favorites because of it's badass headshape, i was actually really dissapointed at the new baron because of its weird head.

The new Baron as a whole just looks goofy. His physique is all messed up, with weirdly shaped torso muscles (pecs and abs). The original looks badass because of how statuesque he is, with morphology taken straight from a classic study drawning. The new one looks like a plasticine, cartoony figurine. New Hellknight actually looks better, even though Baron is supposed to be the more intimidating one.

On topic: Cacodemons. I just love those lightning-spewing flying tomatoes. Their constant grin reminds me of Cheshire Cat. With it, they really look like they enjoy burning me down with their hate-bolts. It is only natural that they are the poster boys of Doom, perhaps along with Cyberdemon.

Gameplaywise: The Archvile by far. It makes every moment in the game tense. They also look threatening to boot.

"Personality"wise: The Cacodemon. It's has been since i was a kid. It just the first thing that comes to my mind when i think of Doom, together with the SSG.

Mine is Mancubus, because it looks awesome and it's kinda strong. I like to make maps with me facing off against multiple mancubuses in one enclosed room. They also remind me of Heckler for some reason. Heckler is a sort of a mini-boss from Rayman 3.

rehelekretep said:

Archvile - it looks evil, threatening, makes awesome scary sounds, and has a unique attack.

Same here.