Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MusicallyInspired

Legacy of Grabbag - Duke Nukem Theme Metal Medley

This is a complete rerecording of an old Dwelling of Duels remix track I entered for Free Month Dec 2007. It's a much more polished rendition and also comes with a loopable version with metadata loop tags for EDuke32 if you want to use it in-game. Since the bonus screen theme was also featured (it replaced the DN2 theme from the original recording) I added that as a loopable track for use with EDuke32 as well. This was originally a commission for a replacement title theme for Voidpoint's EDuke32 Android port which was unfortunately cancelled. But I worked very hard on it and it represents some of my best playing and mixing work to date. I'm just happy I get to share it with you finally! I hope you enjoy it! :)

The represented themes in order of appearance:

Medley List:
00:00 - Duke Nukem 3D (PC)
00:56 - Megadeth/Gigadeth variation
01:56 - Lee Jackson's Extended Grabbag - Guitar/Keyboard solo section (from Atomic CD)
02:19 - DNF 2007 Teaser theme
02:36 - Duke Nukem: Zero Hour
03:25 - Duke3D Bonus Theme
03:42 - Short Duke Nukem II Excerpt
03:47 - Lee Jackson's Extended Grabbag (from Atomic CD)
03:58 - My guitar solo and variation of Grabbag

Downloads:
Legacy of Grabbag - MP3, OGG, FLAC
Legacy of Grabbag (loopable) OGG, FLAC
Bonus Theme (loopable) OGG, FLAC, MP3 (not loopable)
Song Artwork (hi-res) - JPEG, PNG

Streaming:
On SoundCloud
On YouTube

Original Dwelling of Duels competition page - Free Month Dec 2007 (11th place)
(direct link)

So, it's a grab-bag of Grabbags.

Sounds pretty nice, good work!

This goes straight into my music collection. Kudos to you, sir, and thank you for including Zero Hour in the mix, because I always felt like that one was a little underappreciated among Duke games.

Would've been nice to include the Duke Nukem 64 theme, but this is just pure awesome.

Tritnew said:

Would've been nice to include the Duke Nukem 64 theme, but this is just pure awesome.

My original recording from 2007 actually started with Duke64 but seeing as this version was for a port for Duke3D it was more fitting to kick it off with the regular PC theme (which nobody seems to have done a straight cover of with guitars before. All you see are just covers of Megadeth's version. Except maybe Vertexguy's Duke Nukem Jam to a degree). Also, it was in the guidelines of the commission explicitly to start it off with the PC theme instead of the 64 theme. I'm sad it's not there, but really it's so close to the PC theme anyway that it doesn't matter much. And in the ways it's not the same it's represented somewhat in the Zero Hour theme, so it all evens out.

It's not a complete collection of themes anyway. It's also missing the Manhattan Project theme.

MusicallyInspired said:

It's not a complete collection of themes anyway. It's also missing the Manhattan Project theme.

Consider making Extended Legacy of Grabbag as a project for a rainy day. :)