Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brad_tilf

Winter is coming

So, apparently I completely fucked up the logic in this map and had to rework the gameplay from scratch. Not what I expected and I wished I had a backup. Still came out ok. Classic gameplay with the doorkeys.

map code: LMPFGLMZ

Needless to say, I'll learn from my mistakes (with the logic stuff) that I made in this map and incorporate that learning experience into my next map. :-)

I hope you enjoy it. Let me know what you think.

Gave it a runthrough. It isn't a bad map. Really like how it looks though!

Gameplay: 2/5 – Average at best. Was really hoping for more surprise encounters like the first couple of zombies hidden in the fog.
Difficulty: 2/5 – This was an easy run through. Not many difficult encounters (besides the mancubus with pinky), and I think a baron glitched out and died.
Map Design: 4/5 – The winter aesthetic really is the highlight of this map. I really like how the fog hid the xombies in the beginning, but I was hoping for more secrecy like that throughout the map.
Sound: 3/5 – Even though there’s only one soundtrack, im guessing this was intentional because the map was going for a spooky vibe. With all the white and fog, I was getting that sort of feeling.
Uniqueness: 3/5 – The Atmosphere of the map is a rare aesthetic I come around to. I did make the map feel “like winter is coming” *cackles* But besides that, there’s pretty average stuff in this.
Technicality: 3/5: It works. No bugs, no problem. But there isn’t checkpoints, and “no anomalies detected” repeats everytime I enter the room with said sound.

This is your first map, but it's a pretty good first! Keep at it!

Potatoguy said:

Gave it a runthrough. It isn't a bad map. Really like how it looks though!

Gameplay: 2/5 – Average at best. Was really hoping for more surprise encounters like the first couple of zombies hidden in the fog.
Difficulty: 2/5 – This was an easy run through. Not many difficult encounters (besides the mancubus with pinky), and I think a baron glitched out and died.
Map Design: 4/5 – The winter aesthetic really is the highlight of this map. I really like how the fog hid the xombies in the beginning, but I was hoping for more secrecy like that throughout the map.
Sound: 3/5 – Even though there’s only one soundtrack, im guessing this was intentional because the map was going for a spooky vibe. With all the white and fog, I was getting that sort of feeling.
Uniqueness: 3/5 – The Atmosphere of the map is a rare aesthetic I come around to. I did make the map feel “like winter is coming” *cackles* But besides that, there’s pretty average stuff in this.
Technicality: 3/5: It works. No bugs, no problem. But there isn’t checkpoints, and “no anomalies detected” repeats everytime I enter the room with said sound.

This is your first map, but it's a pretty good first! Keep at it!

Thanks for the feedback. I think you'll like the one I'm working on. "Winter is coming" had much better gameplay till the map broke and all of the spawn shit quit working - even after I deleted it all and tried again - couldn't get it to work. So I placed creatures as best I could and then, of course, the limits started kicking in - ugggg. It should have been more difficult but I might take your suggestions on the "fog" and use that more. I think there was plenty of room for that type of thing. Thanks again