Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Blastfrog

Feature request: Liquid warp bigger textures

I have a water texture that's really big to prevent tiling as much, but it seems that only 64x64 flats will warp. Can you please consider extending the warp feature to textures as long as they're power of two and square?

To be specific: big flats warp, but in-game the dimensions of the flat texture itself are cut off to 64x64.

Ouch. Does that mean he will need to break his water textures up into pieces ala the marble face floor flats?

40oz said:

Ouch. Does that mean he will need to break his water textures up into pieces ala the marble face floor flats?

No, it means the current implementation of warping flats did not take bigger flat textures into account and breaks it.

Sodaholic said:

I have a water texture that's really big to prevent tiling as much, but it seems that only 64x64 flats will warp. Can you please consider extending the warp feature to textures as long as they're power of two and square?

I don't think "square" is actually a requirement, if I'm not mistaken the warping algorithm will work just fine with something that 64x1024 or whatever.

printz said:

Done. Check out next DRDTeam Eternity release.

Builds haven't been updating for a while; blzut hasn't responded to my query on the ZDoom forum about it yet.

Something must have gone wrong in the automated build scripts (this hasn't affected only Eternity) and Blzut is apparently too busy right now to investigate.

That should explain why there hasn't been any recent [G]ZDoom builds as of late...

As of SVN build 505 or higher, I'm getting this message when loading one of my maps:

Z_Realloc: Failure trying to allocate 80 bytes
Source: C:\Build\Eternity\source\p_spec.cpp:2325

Press any key to continue

SVN build 493 still loads the map without problem.

Edit: printz fixing as we speak. Or rather, write.

The bug mentioned by Mordeth is not related to this topic anyway. It's caused by a misguided change I did elsewhere, which I recently reversed.