Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zulk RS

Looking for a specific texture.

Does anyone know where I can get a waterfall texture to use in a PWAD? It's a real pain to not have a texture like this.

I know there are texture packs available for download on Realm667, but I only need the one texture.

Download another texture pack which features one already and rip it from that texture pack with SLADE. Be sure to credit the original author.

An alternative is to take the Bloodfall textures and remap the colours, which I believe can also be done within SLADE.

If you're mapping for vanilla / lower end source ports, you will need to replace an animated texture IIRC. If using ZDoom or similar ports, you can define the animation using an ANIMDEFS lump.

If you own Final Doom Plutonia has its own waterfall textures, search for WFALL1-4.

Edit: realm667 has the Final Doom textures so you can get it from there too.

IIRC, there are some nice looking waterfall textures that were a part of the unused assets John Romero released not long ago.

HavoX said:

IIRC, there are some nice looking waterfall textures that were a part of the unused assets John Romero released not long ago.

I used them in Mutiny just so I could be the first to use it. It's okay but the way it animates looks like a wall that water happens to be dripping down. It doesn't quite have the same depth as SFALLx or BFALLx have.

There are a ton of wads with blue BFALL/SFALL textures though, I'm surprised you're having trouble finding one.

Well, I had Plutonia but never played it so I didn't know about the waterfall textures. I was able to get them to work without problems on my wad. But in GZDoom Builder, the textures are shown as crosses but seem to work the way their supposed to when the wad is played. Should I be worried about this? How can I fix it, if necessary.