Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechazawa

Good Singleplayer WW1/2 games?

Brothers in Arms series, beginning with Road to Hill 30. You control one or two squads, and there's a pretty cool mechanism by which suppressing fire is simulated. The first two games run on UE2 and have various story parts that are cheesy but short.

I went back and played COD2 recently, and got through 3/4 of it before tiring of its shooting gallery approach. Fun for a while.

Red Orchestra 1 and 2 are nice for multiplayer and slightly more realistic.

CWolf said:

All that after World at War - yea, an actual shite indeed.

About Call of Duty (Not specifically WWII), people always say that the games go to crap after WaW. Do most people consider Black Ops shitty or what?

I enjoyed Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops. In my opinion it was after Modern Warfare 3 that the franchise began to decline in quality. That game used recycled sound effects/animations and just felt cheap. The series is way too futuristic for my tastes now. I think many people feel the same way considering the CoD: Infinite Warfare trailer is the second most disliked video on all of YouTube.

Of course the campaign in CoD games has always been an "on-rails" roller coaster experience with little to no path diversity like in Doom. But hey, the multiplayer was great. That's where most of the fun was.