Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

Pokemon Go, opinions?

^They wouldn't be harmed for playing a game, and he didn't say that they deserve to be harmed for playing a game. He said that people who get hurt because they are stupid enough to allow this game to distract them from danger that they deserve it. I agree with that 100%.

To get actually upset about it is a little extreme. To cringe at this behavior in adults is pretty normal if you ask me.

Agreed. It's not the fact that people are playing Pokemon that bothers me - Hell, I loved first gen - but if you can't be bothered to look up from your gameboy/phone/magazine/whatever it may be for a minute just to cross the road, there's a serious problem. Unless you're a kid, then the problem lies with your parents not teaching you basic road safety and self control.

I don't mind at all that people like Pokemon, however I do mind that a great chunk of the human population is braindead.

I don't mean getting upset at the people who don't pay attention to their surroundings when they play the game. I mean getting upset just because people play the game at all is lame. I've noticed it a few times in this thread and many other online communities too.

No, man, no. My point was that nobody deserves to be hurt. To say they do, for the crime of not paying enough attention, is fucked up.

I mean, yes, they should pay attention. Yes they should take responsibility for their own safety. That still doesn't mean that they deserve any harm that comes to them. FFS.

dethtoll said:

No, man, no. My point was that nobody deserves to be hurt. To say they do, for the crime of not paying enough attention, is fucked up.

I mean, yes, they should pay attention. Yes they should take responsibility for their own safety. That still doesn't mean that they deserve any harm that comes to them. FFS.

I can think of a few people I think might deserve to be hurt, but they're definitely not children playing a dang smartphone Nintendo game.

TraceOfSpades said:

We know you think white men deserve to get hurt. God, change the record already.

Please don't do this. It's really not cool to try derailing a conversation by dragging over a grudge from another unrelated thread.

The only people that deserve to get hurt are weirdos that pay for it.

Mr. Freeze said:

there's no fucking pokemon where i live REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I hear that people in more rural areas are pissed about this. I live close to a park/playground, so I can farm pokeballs all day.

esselfortium said:

Please don't do this. It's really not cool to try derailing a conversation by dragging over a grudge from another unrelated thread.

Fixed.

Kontra Kommando said:

The only people that deserve to get hurt are

... people claiming other people deserve to get hurt.

Kontra Kommando said:

The only people that deserve to get hurt are

Gez said:

... people claiming other people deserve to get hurt.

PureSlime said:

I can think of a few people I think might deserve to be hurt, but they're definitely not children playing a dang smartphone Nintendo game.

soulweeper said:

I mean getting upset just because people play the game at all is lame. I've noticed it a few times in this thread and many other online communities too.

I view adults who sperg out about Pokemon in the same light as adults who sperg out about My Little Pony. If you're not obnoxious about it, which a lot of people are, I doubt anyone will care.

^Exactly. There's a guy at my job who likes My Little Pony...I think it's a little weird, but I don't have anything bad to say about him because he treats it like a TV show and not fucking dogma.

There were people walking through the office looking for Pokemon at work yesterday just a few minutes after replying to this thread, it was pretty funny. I noticed they were all paying enough attention to not run into desks/walls though, which is nice.

Yeah we live in a world where actions have consequences and I'm not the type to deny it and blame a 3rd party if I fuck up, and I think any adults who do are not only lowlife morons who forgo any personal responsibility but also a drain on the rest of us and our resources. So sue me!

EDIT: Okay, maybe 'deserve' was the wrong word. If you're in a high traffic area and can't take the time to look both ways before you cross, you're literally taking all steps necessary to get your ass flattened, and if when that happens you blame the maker of the game you happened to be playing rather than accepting responsibility for your choices, I think you're a worthless pile who needs to grow up or gtfo. Sorry, I'm just not that sympathetic towards empty headed selfish fucks, but maybe this is a tad more diplomatic. If not, oh well.

http://www.wifr.com/content/news/Scammers-target-Pokemon-Go-players-387515731.html

http://www.ncdoj.gov/News-and-Alerts/Alerts/Want-to-catch-%E2%80%98em-all-Have-fun-but-avoid-Pokemon-G.aspx

Pretty sure this has much to do with the recent scam-artist phone calls I've been receiving. Which is why I deleted the app.

Thanks Nintendo, you fucking assholes.

EDIT: re-installed it : )

Steeveeo said:

Despite the love, hate, or indifference one may harbor for Jim Sterling, his latest "Jimquisition" episode has quite a few good points on this game.

TL;DW: Pokemon GO! is a rather shit game from a mechanical and technical standpoint, but it's brought people together in phenomenal ways.

I agree. And thank god, for Jim fucking Sterling, son.

CARRiON said:

I view adults who sperg out about Pokemon in the same light as adults who sperg out about My Little Pony. If you're not obnoxious about it, which a lot of people are, I doubt anyone will care.

EDIT:

I try not to be obnoxious, but people crashing into parked police cruisers while trying to catch a pokemon is pretty ridiculous.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2016/07/21/pokemon-go-police-car-crash-orig-vstan.cnn

Every night, there a people walking in the street. Even in rural places in Canada, there are Facebook groups for Pokemon Go players.

The riot control police was deployed in Montreal because there was too much people playing the game on the same spot:

Apparently you can actually turn off the camera feature and just see what's in the area, which means you don't have to glue your face to the screen.

So after playing this game aggresivly for the last month, this thread is Funny to re-read. Games kinda pointless but very very addictive. I like to show kids my Bad ass rare pokemon and give them tips, they get super excited. Does anyone else here still play this?

You know... This Pokemon Go addiction of 2016 is like the Doom addiction of the '90s. Just on an even more larger scale.

it reminds me more of when pokemon originally came out. It's quite captivating. I remember when they banned the cards, Kids would constantly be trading and pretending to know how to play, some kids were running around stealing them, crazy times.

rileymartin said:

I don't mind people playing it, but it does a good job of exposing the manchildren you shouldn't associate yourself with.

A rich opinion coming from someone who makes 3.52 posts per day on a video game forum

I enjoyed it for a while but found the flaws in the game, combined with the repetition made me lose interest. I imagine when generation two Pokémon are added to the game I'll have a resurgence of interest, if only temporarily.

As it stands I have everything that isn't ridiculously uncommon within my local areas, leveling up has become unbearably slow (Level 26) and I'm not traveling to other towns for the sake of getting new 'mons.

It was fun while it lasted.

Spoiler

Also I agree with MrGlide, it seemed to spark good memories for me, harking back to the era of Pokémon Cards. As a child everyone you knew had cards and wanted to trade. You could go anywhere and you'd be very likely to find another kid who's got some cards and would either battle or trade. I remember playing the equivalent of 'pink slip matches', loser has to give up one of their shiny holofoil cards. Good times!

Ralphis said:

A rich opinion coming from someone who makes 3.52 posts per day on a video game forum

Ooooh, burrnnn