Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lonebullet

May I suggest a new free hosting service for your mods and patches?

Hello everyone, I am the webmaster of LoneBullet ( http://www.lonebullet.com ) - the website where most of gamefront was backed up when it shut down. We have added the option of uploading files to LoneBullet. It is in beta stage, but we believe it is of use now. So if you guys ever need a place to upload your mods, skins, patches, or any type of file, do consider my website as an option.

As we have currently just started accepting user files, there are no size restrictions (we do believe that size restrictions don't stop modders upload large files, it just increase the stress for them to splitting them into multiple files and then making 10 different listings), there are also no number of upload limits (basically we haven't figured out the limits yet, but we have lots of space and unlimited bandwidth).

Our file servers are powered by a Quad-Core i5 (enough for the current load) and run on the OVH network (250MbPS dedicated bandwidth). We also have thousands of visits daily by users who download lots of stuff, mainly for Unreal, Quake, BF2. Small amount of users looking for Star Wars files lost due to the passing away of GameFront - So if you looking for exposure for your profile, we got it. If you face any problems or have questions, am here.

This is pretty cool.

I have one question though: why is the Doom movie there? Its a movie.

Voros said:

This is pretty cool.

I have one question though: why is the Doom movie there? Its a movie.

It used to have the trailer for the Doom Movie (2005). We removed game and movie trailers some time back, so this is just an empty listing now. My bad :-) removed it.

Your site has been pretty helpful. There were some smaller DOOM 3 mods that I couldn't find anywhere due to links to dead sites, but thankfully they're available on LoneBullet and no longer lost.

TheUltimateDoomer666 said:

Your site has been pretty helpful. There were some smaller DOOM 3 mods that I couldn't find anywhere due to links to dead sites, but thankfully they're available on LoneBullet and no longer lost.

you're welcome :-)

This is lovely, but, one thing that the Doom community is really lucky about is that for the most part (but perhaps less so in recent years) it has not been fragmented in terms of where things to - they go to the /idgames archive. Now that could use some improvements (IMHO, we need a web upload form) but much worse would be fragmenting the archive.

Jon said:

This is lovely, but, one thing that the Doom community is really lucky about is that for the most part (but perhaps less so in recent years) it has not been fragmented in terms of where things to - they go to the /idgames archive. Now that could use some improvements (IMHO, we need a web upload form) but much worse would be fragmenting the archive.

AFAIK doomwadstation.net and wad-archive.com both host a fair amount of stuff that you can't find on idgames. The former for some crusty old TCs that maybe were rejected/not uploaded due to copyright policy? (unless the weird idgames folder structure for TCs just means I overlooked them... a quick search suggests that for instance Hellraiser TC isn't on idgames) and the latter for a lot of stuff that was dumped from shovelware compilation discs (which does mean a lot of Doom -> Doom 2 and Doom -> Heretic or Hexen converted WADs to sift through), at the very least. Wad-Archive also seems to pick up a lot of the ZDoom/Zandronum stuff.

An alternative always makes things better. I hope to see it being used more by modders.