Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Plasma Gun

Doom OST is awesome

Been listening to the Doom OST while I work and it's pretty awesome. Makes me want to go and play through the game again, though, something that I SHOULDN'T be doing while at work.

Plasma Gun said:

Been listening to the Doom OST while I work and it's pretty awesome. Makes me want to go and play through the game again, though, something that I SHOULDN'T be doing while at work.

Yeah the OST is the bomb i hope they will bring it on cd :)

Krimson Madness said:

Yeah the OST is the bomb i hope they will bring it on cd :)

I absolutely agree on that!

I'm not a complete fan of the OST, but it sure is enjoyable enough for me. I would've liked something more rancid and maniacal, but ultimately DOOM is a AAA title and needs to appeal to a diverse audience, so a more esoteric soundtrack would have been out very likely of the question.

At the very least, this OST is very well-paced and dynamic (aside from the fact that sometimes it just keeps playing and playing, due to some straggler left somewhere in the arena). Compare e.g. to Killing Floor 2, which is just playing some second-rate metalcore in the background, without any sense of rhythm or pace, failing horribly at both accentuating the action and complementing the game's atmosphere.