Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
illuknisaa

Trip through the canyon (wip)

Doomguy takes a trip through a canyon and meets new "friends".

This wad contains all sort of cool stuff like big brown crates, imps jumping on top of big brown crates and SLROCK1 texture.

map01 is complete (aka in a never ending tweaking cycle) and map02 is in alpha. I'll probably make 3-4 more maps.

Technical stuff:
Game : doom2
Advanced engine needed : gzdoom (I'm currently using 2.1.1, older version have had issues, newer dev builds should work)
Other files required : http://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/addons/project-brutality

Make sure you have the proper load order and have the required files or gzdoom will crash (see readme).

pics:
http://imgur.com/a/a4TuL

DL link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/je29h0taxuzcps6/Canyon.7z

Updated the wad. Map02 is now more or less gameplay complete but most likely will require better balancing. Currently the map is rather punishing for resources and ending might too difficult for "brutal" difficulty and above.

Maps are designed for continuous play but "pistol" start is possible.

https://www.mediafire.com/?je29h0taxuzcps6

Note that by default pb has console commands disabled. In order to enable them you need to type "sv_cheats true" into the console window and restart the map. Console commands might come handy if happen to get stuck between boxes or something. I've tried to make sure that this doesn't happen but you never know...

You definitely should mention in the first post that the map is made for Brutal Doom or similar mods, you know. People will try to play it without anything for sure.

illuknisaa said:

Note that by default pb has console commands disabled.

That's not possible, unless they come with their own custom engine.

illuknisaa said:

In order to enable them you need to type "sv_cheats true" into the console window and restart the map.

Problem is, of course, that this is a console command, which you said was disabled...

Albertoni said:

You definitely should mention in the first post that the map is made for Brutal Doom or similar mods, you know. People will try to play it without anything for sure.

I did mention this in the op, it is also mentioned in the readme and the map won't even run without project brutality. The map specifically needs project brutality and not brutal doom.

Keep in mind keys dropped by enemies do NOT work with mods. Playing with hideous destructor for instance, map02 isn't doable because no key drops. I think this could be still done by say, giving directly to the player inventory, or just having a key near them, but this is a very game-breaking issue

Besides that, love the map, and the style, very entertaining with hideous destructor. You should consider experimenting with it.

mumblemumble said:

Keep in mind keys dropped by enemies do NOT work with mods. Playing with hideous destructor for instance, map02 isn't doable because no key drops. I think this could be still done by say, giving directly to the player inventory, or just having a key near them, but this is a very game-breaking issue

Besides that, love the map, and the style, very entertaining with hideous destructor. You should consider experimenting with it.

What are you talking about? There are no enemies that drop keys in map02.
I used to have key dropping enemies but I removed those. Maybe you are playing an old version or something.

Gez said:

That's not possible, unless they come with their own custom engine.

Project Brutality sets sv_cheats to false. That's what he's talking about.