Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Unf

IGN plays mm8bdm!

YOU WERE FRAGGED BY ICEMAN

"did I kill myself? it looks like I killed myself"

MMDM is one of the most overrated and overplayed mods played on Zandronum.

Glaice said:

It's good, but child-infested .

Glaice said:

I would imagine a game would have to be played in order to be overplayed, yes.

I've always appreciated how much hard work it would have been building this and compiling/editing all the assets until it was just right. It was overplayed for a year or two there, but it's not nearly as commonly seen these days. It's basically Doom deathmatch but with garish colours, extra unbalanced weapons and a class system. Some people may like what they see and if so you can find servers on Zandronum, however looking at it for more than a minute gives me a headache and I've heard the same from several other Doomers.

I haven't yet watched the video, but at least from the looks of things, they don't immediately call it a new mod that was created in response to Doom 4 like they did in their recent video for 1998-present mod Sonic Robo Blast 2.

Shadow Hog said:

at least from the looks of things, they don't immediately call it a new mod that was created in response to Doom 4 like they did in their recent video for 1998-present mod Sonic Robo Blast 2.

You're kidding right? This is too funny.

Doomkid said:

and a class system.

Actually, that would be a mod for it. There graphics for all the robot masters and such are in the base game, but they're just skins, not classes - it's straight-up pickup based deathmatch unmodded.

Glaice said:

I see silly roleplay servers filled more often than the real game. Actual vanilla 8BDM is very good, as well as the aforementioned classes mod where you choose a Master with all its abilities.

After watching that video... Jesus Christ; who would have thought the concept of a basic deathmatch would be so difficult to understand? ("I don't think you're meant to kill the little guys") Shit, "dm" is in the wad's title.

On the subject of mm8bdm, I feel like (at least at my normal DM time) I always see at least one server running this, even when no actual straight-up Doom DM servers have any players in them.

Yeah Zandronum has either really fancy mods (All Out War, Whodunit, 8BDM, etc), coop/survival (usually with Complex, Brutal, or Samsara) or duel/CTF. Occasionally classic Skulltag DM maps with the weapon/powerup addons and such. I usually go to ZDaemon for vanilla style DM.

TheMightyHeracross said:

Yeah Zandronum has either really fancy mods (All Out War, Whodunit, 8BDM, etc), coop/survival (usually with Complex, Brutal, or Samsara) or duel/CTF. Occasionally classic Skulltag DM maps with the weapon/powerup addons and such. I usually go to ZDaemon for vanilla style DM.

Worth repeating

We've had pretty good results organizing games via IRC there.

Nice Marc, I'll have to put it in my list. I'm always up in quakenet.org's #dmstuff, but it'll be good to be in more channels so I can find dm's a bit quicker/easier. Also, I really prefer playing with people I'm halfway familiar with over randoms.

TheMightyHeracross said:

This is generally true, but if you get 3 or more people in a fairly oldschool DM server, it usually bloats up to 10+ players in no time (on weekends, anyway)