Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zoost

Doom on the Mac..coming close to the release?

http://finger.planetquake.com/plan.asp?userid=zaphod&id=16050

"DOOM is up and running under 10.2, which as an OS is really quite cool (speed is much better than 10.1, although resizing a browser window is still painful)."

Why not speculate a bit more? Could the fact that they (Id) are allready compiling DOOM on other OS's mean that DOOM is as good as ready and Id is now working on the last things.

I cannot imagine that you are going to test a software build that is not allready ready on a different OS. But hey, what do I know?

All we have seen is stuff from the same "level" since the Apple/Gforce3 launch in Tokio. They must be very close to the final thing. My guess is March 2003.

Zoost said:

I cannot imagine that you are going to test a software build that is not allready ready on a different OS. But hey, what do I know?

John Carmack showed Doom III running on Mac OSX at Macworld, remember ? That was in February 2001. They're developing the game simultaneously across three platforms (PC, Mac, Linux), not just developing the PC version then porting it over later.