Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
40oz

American Ninja Warrior

Anyone else watch this? It's really amazing and inspiring what these people can do. I think my new favorite competitor is Josh Levin after being the only one to complete the Los Angeles competition. Jessie Graff is really impressive too.

If you've never watched it, it's an extremely challenging obstacle course competition involving a lot of upper body strength, agility, and dexterity. It's pretty amazing to watch the explosive energy and endurance these people have.

Haven't watched it in years, but it's pretty cool.
I saw a gif on Reddit of a guy in a dinosaur costume running the course.

I watch it sometimes. I like it except for those back-stories they show before they run the course that have nothing to do with the competition. "This guy's coach has cancer", "this guy was sexually abused".

I watched it once and I enjoyed it overall, and some of the backstories where actually kinda interesting, like this Fed Ex Guy who can deliver 42 packages in 2 hours by doing parkour and running to guy door stops really fast or whatever.

Haven't watched it lately, but it was the absolute best thing to watch during downtime at work. The backstories are pretty meh but not terrible either.

One thing I liked about it is that there are no teams, it's sheer athletic ability but not in the traditional sense of throwing a ball good or lifting a big rock

Meh. Been watching it a few times, was expecting something like Takeshi’s Castle. But it's not.
Couple of days ago Ninja Warrior Germany launched here and received, um.. "mixed" reviews after just one episode. No thanks.

Definitely used to prefer the Japanese version because you'd see 5 times more runs per episode, but it's always awesome to see the amazing things that people can do with their bodies. My biggest problem with the NBC version is that, while the backstories are cool, they spend way too much time on them while they should be showing people running the course.

Yeah I just recently noticed that there are ton of competitors on the show that actually do very well that don't get any air time. I was watching it one time and after a commercial break and it returned with a guy I've never seen before who was already halfway through the course!

As with most american TV these days, it's pretty heavy on the emotional backstories too which kinda bum me out and I hope that pattern stops eventually. Tired of hearing about my girlfriend lost her arm in a shark attack, my son has down syndrome, my father's last dying wish on his death bed was that I win ANW, etc. etc.