Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Exsosus

'Eye' Icon visible in HUD of Doom 4

It means that you picked up the eye required to the open the door to the BFG room. It's in the same placement as keys in the hud.

i like the HUD. it gives all the information you need, and doesn't clutter your view or make you confused over what's on it. i guess the only thing is that the chainsaw and BFG ammo gauge isn't immediately obvious, but you should catch onto it pretty quickly.

Especially since they're added on when you get those weapons; you don't just have the display, but grayed out or something. Those areas are just flat-out not there until they're relevant.

i guess the only thing it's missing is an ammo display for all your guns though, like in the original. because ammo management can be pretty crucial for certain challenge runs, it'd be nice to have a overview of how much ammo you have. other than that though, it's not bad.

yeah, I kinda missed an ammo tally when playing. the first levels don't pose that much of a threat ammo consumption-wise, and you don't really need to pay much mind to how much of it you use since you have the chainsaw and there's a generous amount of shotgun shells spread around anyway, but I tend to be borderline OCD with little details like that, haha

which is strange, because I never really cared much for it in any of the classic games (mostly because I pretty much never cared for the classic HUD to boot and always favored the full screensize ZD one over it) but I feel it'd be a welcome addition to the nice, minimal HUD they have going on in the new game

Viscra Maelstrom said:

i guess the only thing it's missing is an ammo display for all your guns though, like in the original. because ammo management can be pretty crucial for certain challenge runs, it'd be nice to have a overview of how much ammo you have. other than that though, it's not bad.

Wow stop being a noob, just count it in your head. God

methy said:

It means that you picked up the eye required to the open the door to the BFG room. It's in the same placement as keys in the hud.

That's a cute touch.

TheWizard said:

Wow stop being a noob, just count it in your head. God

Are you okay? you having a stroke, guy?

GoatLord said:

I feel like the HUD was a touch too minimal...

I agree. As for the ammo tally, I didn't really need it myself but it would be a nice touch for other players. Mabie we can see this in a form of classic hud. I can't wait for the next update, it's going to be soo much fun seeing all the new stuff they'll bring to the table.