Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Voros

Friday the 13th upcoming game

Frankly, it doesn't exactly look "fun" or "scary" to me.
The gore is fine for now, but I just don't understand this video.

You can play as Jason, and kill campers.
You can play as a camper, and hide from Jason.

I feel disappointed about this. Hopefully, the devs will things more interesting.

I'm excited. What do you think of this?

Another "Lucius" copycat, Remember that game where you play as the Evil kid instead of Victims, ugh .

Oh wait, you can play as victims ? cool .

Voros said:

I feel disappointed about this.

I'm excited.

You sorta contradict yourself here..

Anyway, i feel like they should've created another film, not game. I just don't think that game based on Friday the 13th would be any good. Will it be like Manhunt, game where you pointlessly kill people in horrible ways? Nah, i'm not a fan of those kind of games.
They should've continued making films, i'd watch them, i liked nearly all Friday the 13th films. Afaik, they promised a sequel to the remake to be released back in 2013, why didn't they do it? Would've been great, since i enjoyed the remake.

I recommend just playing Dead By Daylight. It's already out. With exception to some bugs and debatable exploits - it's a very solid experience. It's definitely way more tense than what Friday the 13th appears to be.

But Dead By Daylight does not have the ability to hide underneath beds (but you can in closets), minimal finishing moves (you have to kill most players via hooking them) and barely any detailed buildings.

ChekaAgent said:

You sorta contradict yourself here..

I can't help it, I love Jason, but I'm not so sure about this game though.

I definitely don't want to be like Manhunt, that's what I'm worried about.

IMO, the remake was boring, compared to the classic movies.

Ah, so it's a competitive game, that makes sense. I was a bit confused about the whole switching-between-counselor-and-Jason thing until I learned that. (Seems that was just for demonstrative purposes?) Not sure if this game will have any form of unique singleplayer or not, though there does seem to be AI implemented for both sides.

Competitive eh? Sounds interesting...something like a Juggernaut match, with Jason being the Juggernaut.

Also, did anyone notice that Jason teleported? Isn't that "cheating" and strange for the Friday the 13th franschise?

Sure hope they add some good skins for Jason. I hate that blue long sleeved shirt and pants. The Manhatten one was pretty good.

I was always a fan of Friday the 13th since as far back as I remember. I used to watch the films on HBO as a child. I remember it being one of my earliest memories, because I was absolutely terrified of Jason Voorhees. Even the NES version used to be scary to me.

I'm definitely getting this game when it comes out.

It's still an early alpha, so for now I'm cautiously optimistic.

Voros said:

Also, did anyone notice that Jason teleported? Isn't that "cheating" and strange for the Friday the 13th franschise?

I've heard that Jason will unlock those abilities gradually as the match goes on, and he already has everything in the video for demonstration purposes only. And yeah, the teleporting is weird, but it has kind of become a trope of slasher movies how the killers always catch up to the victims despite only pursuing them at a mild pace, so I guess it just had to appear in the game in one form or another.

Voros said:

Sure hope they add some good skins for Jason. I hate that blue long sleeved shirt and pants. The Manhatten one was pretty good.

I've also heard that he'll have part's 2, 3, 6 and 7 skins, each with it's own signature weapon(Part 6's Jason will start with a machete, for example).

If I'm not mistaken this game was solely in the hands of the devs until they were nearly shut down by the owners of Friday because of "dem similarities." But then they turned around and bought the devs out to just flat out make the game a Friday game. However, other than the aesthetic, I'm not sure what else has changed about the game's direction. I remember reading that the villain was actually customizable so that different games could have different villains.

I think it needs a bit more development time as it looks a little rough around the edges, but fuck... I'm gonna preorder it right now. Can't wait!

Teleportation actually makes sense, otherwise everyone could scatter in multiple directions and make life Hell for that one guy whom I assume is on a time limit and has to kill every single one of them to win. The whole point is to hide from Jason, not outrun him.

I'm a big 80's slasher fan so naturally I've been eyeing this one. I personally think it looks like it'll be a lot of fun once there's more to it. Especially with a group of good friends and a case of beer :D

I always wondered when and how they could come up with a badass 'A Nightmare On Elm Street' game...

I like they are going to use skins for jason. While i like the look from Jason in Part 3. I think Part 7 Jason is best looking Jason, now as a Zombie since part 6 with a lot of decayed body parts.

MetroidJunkie said:

Teleportation actually makes sense, otherwise everyone could scatter in multiple directions and make life Hell for that one guy whom I assume is on a time limit and has to kill every single one of them to win. The whole point is to hide from Jason, not outrun him.

Yeah plus Jason got that power in part 8 anyway....

I decided to visit the website, and i feel ecstatic.

Apparently, two new Jason costumes are also going to be introduced, and they say they are going to make the maps as closely as possible to the original movies, so we might see parts of Manhatten.

I fucking hope there's absolutely NOTHING from Jason X.

Chezza said:

I recommend just playing Dead By Daylight. It's already out. With exception to some bugs and debatable exploits - it's a very solid experience. It's definitely way more tense than what Friday the 13th appears to be.

But Dead By Daylight does not have the ability to hide underneath beds (but you can in closets), minimal finishing moves (you have to kill most players via hooking them) and barely any detailed buildings.

And trapper is basically Jason anyhow so you still essentially get him in dbd.