Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skatepunk60

Ultimate or DOS doom

I had the registered dos doom but when i got Ultimate doom i lost the disks :( Im not that big a fan of "Thy flesh consumed" but i am now forced to use The Ultimate doom for my everyday Dooming ...i wish i still had my Dos doom disks.

My question to you all is ... Which do you use?
Ultimate doom
Dos Doom (w/ a source port if you have one)
or both

I use Ultimate Doom. Not only does it have that fourth episode, it's also version 1.9. And I like the fourth episode, but 3 is probably my favorite.

You can downgrade Ultimate Doom v1.9 to Doom v1.0 with the patches supplied in Doomworld.

Skatepunk60 said:

I had the registered dos doom but when i got Ultimate doom i lost the disks :( Im not that big a fan of "Thy flesh consumed" but i am now forced to use The Ultimate doom for my everyday Dooming ...i wish i still had my Dos doom disks.

Ultimate doom
or both

you dont make sense. ultimate doom IS regular doom in dos, plus one more episode.

I know its the same but i dont like episode 4 much and i am just a perfectionist i guess and would rather use the original and i wanted to know how many others that HAVE both of them use the original over the Ultimate

Skatepunk60 said:

Ultimate doom
or both

I'm confused. Is this a comparison of the IWADs (registered or ultimate) or the source ports?

The Ultimate Doom under ZDoomGL. I LOVE the fourth episode, and use mouse look, AND I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK THAT THE ORIGINAL DIDN'T HAVE MOUSE LOOK AS EVERY OTHER FPS I PLAY USES MOUSE LOOK AND ZDOOMGL HAS MOUSE LOOK, WHY IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND HOLY SHOULD I NOT USE IT?! Sorry. that was after and long argument with a frend over using mouse look in doom. I am so fed up with purists I could kill somthing...

/me throuws a brick as a roch.

*SPLUT*

Horray!!

Ct_red_pants said:

The Ultimate Doom under ZDoomGL. I LOVE the fourth episode, and use mouse look, AND I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK THAT THE ORIGINAL DIDN'T HAVE MOUSE LOOK AS EVERY OTHER FPS I PLAY USES MOUSE LOOK AND ZDOOMGL HAS MOUSE LOOK, WHY IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND HOLY SHOULD I NOT USE IT?! Sorry. that was after and long argument with a frend over using mouse look in doom. I am so fed up with purists I could kill somthing...

/me throuws a brick as a roch.

*SPLUT*

Horray!!

i hate mlook in doom ports, because it's gay y-shearing. y-shearing looks like shit.

however doomgl ports - mlook is acceptable, and i use it.

esayeek said:
i hate mlook in doom ports, because it's gay y-shearing. y-shearing looks like shit.

however doomgl ports - mlook is acceptable, and i use it.

It's not so bad in the zdoom betas. but i use it anyway coze my non-mlook doom skills are shithouse thanks to too much zdoom. oh well.

fraggle said:

I'm confused. Is this a comparison of the IWADs (registered or ultimate) or the source ports?

Camparison of the WADs .. Heres the question im trying to get through.

How many people have both the Regestered Doom 1 and Ultimate Doom but still use the regestered doom over The Ultimate Doom.

doom was designed without a look command whatsoever, and that's how i play. i installed Ultimate Doom over original Doom1 cause the fourth episode is awesome. The second episode is my personal fav.

i use zdoom almost exclusively and Doom95 for old original DOOM wads.

Jdoom thru-and-thru. Lovely lighting and atmosphere.

Suprisingly, I can make it past E1M1 in Nightmare! thanks to ZDoom. Second most used port as of this writing is PRBoom, which is mainly used for demo playback.

darknation said:

my dooming skills have improved 100% since I started using pr-boom almost exclusively.

Thats nothing. PrBoom increased my penis size by three inches.

fraggle said:

Thats nothing. PrBoom increased my penis size by three inches.

Surgeon Generals Warning: Zdoom may cause Penis Shrinkage

Warning: ZDoom 1.22 can cause penis enlargement by 1.22 inches every time it is played

RailGunner said:

how is that bad?

Eventually it would get so long it would scare the girls off

RailGunner said:

oh. but dont girls want big cocks up their asses?

....what in the motherfuck? Why would they want it in the ass?

Whoa I just realized, we are going WAY offtopic here...

My official policy on arses is "exit-only", which applies also to my arse.