Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rehelekretep

Ancient Aliens proofs [-complevel 9]

i saw my uv speed for map02 had been beaten on the DSDA so i tried to get it back:

map02 uv speed 1:06

aa02d106.zip

Edited by rehelekretep : now with swanky video

Map03 UV Pacifist 2:08.  I tried this 6 months ago and couldn't do it no matter how hard I tried, but I tried again just this past couple hours and I did it after maybe a few dozen tries.  My projections indicate that I will be a doom god by the year 2087.

aa03p208.zip

edit: fuck. didn't watch the other demos to realize i could just infight the arachtnotron and exit the level instantly, that would have been cool i guess.

Illuminati CONFIRMED!

Map18 UV Max in 5:46

aa18-546.zip

I really hate that Plasma Guy down the trench at the beginning, which is very difficult to kill. My annoying mouse slipped at 2:34, which turned me into a wrong way and wasted several seconds.

Edited by GarrettChan

Illuminati DESTROYED.

Map18 UV Max in 5:18

aa18-518.zip

Improved details and execution, and this takes off almost another 30 seconds, which is totally beyond my expectation. This run is somewhat lucky, so I don't have to go back and deal with stuff left in the main area. Video.

Edited by GarrettChan

2 hours ago, rehelekretep said:

beautiful

OMG... I re-watch my run, and I found out that I can't tolerate the mistakes I made there. I even took a cell pack in the wrong time... Probably I'll fight against my will and grind for another one... I don't even know why I got 5:18 this time.

35 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

OMG... I re-watch my run, and I found out that I can't tolerate the mistakes I made there

welcome to speedrunning doom; enjoy your stay!

Map 17 UV-Max in 4:40

Ending was almost a disaster thanks to a collaboration between revenants and an infinitely tall cacodemon far overhead. Luckily some great infighting up top salvaged the seconds recovering from that (usually a number of mid-tiers are still roaming freely everywhere and have to be tracked down). Honestly blows my mind that sub-5 is possible, because back when I played this in 2016, it felt like one of the larger AA maps. 

aa17-440.zip

Edited by rdwpa