Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rehelekretep

Ancient Aliens proofs [-complevel 9]

Map 29 UV-Speed in 2:59

aa29-259.zip

Quick question about episode runs for this wad: Should e2 and e3 have 10 maps each or should it be 8 for e2 and 12 for e3?

2 hours ago, elmle said:

Map 29 UV-Speed in 2:59

aa29-259.zip

Quick question about episode runs for this wad: Should e2 and e3 have 10 maps each or should it be 8 for e2 and 12 for e3?

As the premiere speedrunner for ancient aliens, I decree that it should be centered around the death exits. 

I did this with eviltech e1 (death exit on map 11), so there's precedent as well. I think it makes much more sense that way.

Thats what I was thinking, but I had to make sure. Maybe expect some UV-Survive runs in the near future.

Episode 1 UV-Speed in 32:05

aae1-3205.zip

This is a first exit that took 17 attempts, nothing too fast. Features a spectactular rocket dodge by two chaingunners on map 9.

Episode 2 UV-Speed in 23:15

aae2-2315.zip

This one is a little bit speedier, third exit after 62 attempts.

E3 is going to be a bit more difficult to survive i believe...

Episode 3 UV-Speed in 38:39

aae3-3839.zip

This didn't take as many attempts as I expected, was very nervous near the end.

My second exit after 37 attempts, the first one failed the skips on maps 28 and 29 so it was like 15 minutes slower than this.

Map 23 Pacifist in 4:10

aa23p410.zip

A strategy that saved a lot of ammo, health and time in my episode run above.

Spoiler

Really fuckin' high and drinking alcohol in the early afternoon and wanting to play Doom. Decided I'd try to clean some more AA -fasts! This map was big and hard, I decided to take it super slow. Lots of really scary moments, like when I let the cyberdemon rocket smash me, but this wasn't as hard as I expected. Then again, it wasn't that good, either :)

aa09f2247.zip

Spoiler

On a wonderful bender and wanting to play more Doom. The most notable portion of this demo was me camp-killing the cyberdemons like a little wussbag. First time I got passed the hell knight / rev horde section, so I just wanted to win :D

aa10f1113.zip