Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Nightmares

I once had a dream about me and my dog moving through various worlds in a videogame-like manner, starting in freakishly twisted places which got brighter and "better" which each level.
I eventually sacrificed myself to send my dog to the next level and the dream ended with him being in the "good place", yelping because he was alone now.
Not really scary, but I was utterly devastated when I woke up.

Oh yeah... also experiencing the joy of sleep paralysis.

Once or twice I had dreams where I was playing Doom only to be attacked by a ghoul from The Ghoul's Forest.

Then there was that one time I was in some time of a brown room where the walls shimmered and scrolled and generally kept changing, I turned around only to see a horrible screaming face coming at me.

But one of the weirder nightmares was when I dreamed that my family and me were living in some kind of a tree village, inhabited by intelligent birds that were as big as us. One of the birds got murdered, and obviously everyone were looking for the killer. Then I found out that the murderer was my father, who apparently committed the murder because he was racist against birds. My own father was a psychopathic serial killer! Now that was horrible.

ClumsyDoomer said:

Also, all my dreams have a small feature: I can't punch anyone. My hand just slows down midair when I try and I end up gently rubbing someone instead of punching them. It sucks.

ARGH! I hate it when you suddenly become helpless like that. Sometimes I have dreams where I need to chase a thief who runs away with my stuff, but I can only move literally at snail speed.

TraceOfSpades said:

He started to rapidly decay until he was bones. It was absolutely horrifying.

As in which movie did it look alike?

No movie that I can think of. I'll describe it as best as I can:

He began to rapidly age, looking ten years older every second it seemed. Then once he passed the "death" stage, his eyeballs shriveled into dried out little beads that eventually turned to nothing, his lips began to curl inward as hydration left his body. His skin and now receding gums began to lose their color, taking on a more gray tone. His lips began to crack and his skin looked more like old leather as it clung to his bones. His hair and fingernails continued to grow. Eventually he was just a skeleton with bits and pieces of old flesh still clinging to his bones.

JudgeDeadd said:

ARGH! I hate it when you suddenly become helpless like that. Sometimes I have dreams where I need to chase a thief who runs away with my stuff, but I can only move literally at snail speed.

Frustrating indeed. And how about when a different sort of action is supposed to happen in the dream and you can't get it on.

Or off.

Night before last, I dreamt of a hotel building. I don't know if it's one I've ever actually been to, but it's a recurring location in my dreams. It's distinctive, with a small lobby, and it's a huge hexagon - shaped tower. This time, I was exploring it with someone i know in real life. My sister and a friend of mine were living in that building. I also saw someone open a window in the hallway and just step out and fall to their death. Fun stuff.
Then I was laying in a field of flowers, and I couldn't move except my legs. Soon, wasps began flying towards me, and landed on my shoes and tried to sting me, and I couldn't crush them or get them off. I woke up in a bit of a panic.

TraceOfSpades said:

Nightmares involving bugs always fuck with me pretty bad. I hate bugs.

Here's a terrifiying video for you.

I get mad at him and think well he smoked pot and this was the only logical way that could've ended
So I toss his corpse into the ocean and climb up a power line and walk on wires above a train track and then I see my old apartment collapse in the distance

Edited by Outrageous Videos

Since I was a child I've had visually intense dreams that are pretty close to Salvador Dali levels of activity going on, usually looking from one side to another the landscape and objects will change rapidly with maddening levels of details in each object. I still remember dreams from a small child, of outer space with a pair of lady hands with bright red nail polish flicking about, to my first real terrifying nightmare which involved a giant Miss Piggy mermaid at a beach smothering me underwater with her giant breasts.

I have been having fantastic dreams for years and they have been reaching higher and higher levels of lucidity and detail to a point where I have waken up blown away by what I've seen.

For example I had this dream I was a cook working in a kitchen on a sort of Mad Max type of military train that was traveling directly through an ocean on rails resting on a raised sandbank. It seemed I was doing hours of prep work when I went outside for a smoke, looking over the rails at the vast ocean, there were giant ships that looked like fragments of oil rigs and factories flying on jets with robotic arms and welders in futuristic space looking suits dangling from harnesses that would fly together and build submarines and ships over the water, then break apart and fly into the sky. There were dozens of them, it was fucking awesome.

On the other hand the worst fucking night terror I have ever had in my life happened maybe a year or two ago in this very room I'm in now. I had a dream where were I woke up on my bed with the windows up, and I was sure I was actually awake, and there were two shadow people on my bed with me, one at my feet on his knees and another by my head, I saw them and one put a knife to my throat, I could feel the tip of the blade, I thought it was just a dream so I put my head back down and suddenly my head was yanked up by my hair and in a deep demonic voice I heard "WAKE THE FUCK UP" and I suddenly bolted out of my bed and ran out of my room.

That shit felt so real, it was fucking horrifying.

When I was very young I had a classic night terror where I awoken to a skeleton faced corpse laying on top of me for hours staring into my eyes, I eventually fell asleep and woke up to find it gone.

That shit is fucking scary as hell.

Copy-pasted from a post I made on another forum, this is probably the weirdest and most vivid I've had recently:

I had to have a surgery to take one of my vertebrae in my neck out, and replace it with one that looked just like a real one (not the metal replacements that you see sometimes IRL). I get to the operating room, and there's an experienced doctor, and experienced nurse, and a 15 year old girl. I'm promptly informed that the girl is going to be my surgeon; my response is WTF, but the doctor says "no, it's OK, she's the most talented surgeon of the generation, she's the right choice". I lay down on the operating table, and they tell me that the best way of getting to the vertebrae is down my mouth, through my throat. They then stick some implements down my mouth and throat; I feel the metal tools clanking around on my teeth, and they say, "OK, this is the anesthesia". There's a poking sensation in the back of my throat, and it goes numb a bit, but I'm not losing consciousness. They give me two more doses of the anesthesia to try to get me to go under, but I'm still awake, and they say "oh well, we're going on anyways". And so, while I'm awake but numbed, they cut through the back of my throat, pull the vertebrae out of my mouth, and through my mouth, put the new one in, various surgical tools clanking on my teeth the whole time.

After they're done, they roll me on my side, wheel me to a hospital room, and tell me I'm not allowed to turn my head for two weeks. Which proves a basically impossible temptation to resist, because the hospital has a shit-ton of rampaging kids running around and creating commotions everywhere. I'm trying to resist the urge to move my neck to see what's going on outside of my field of view, but I'm occasionally failing and allowing myself a slight turn to see something out of the corner of my eye. This continued for a while, then I woke up.

I had a recurring nightmare starting around 7yo involving Icon of Sin, killing me or otherwise being a terrifying symbol of death. I think it was because the spawn shooter telefrags (not that I knew that's what it was) which bypasses invulnerability and blew my young, fragile mind.

Eventually I got over it and haven't had a nightmare since. Or at least nothing I would count as a nightmare? I almost never recall dreams either, so at worst I get nightmares that don't wake me up.

One nightmare I had seen many times long ago (like 5 years back) was based on sleep paralysis (I think that is what it is called):

I sometimes fell to bed and slept (in real life), then I would wake up in the middle of the night knowing that if  I went asleep again, I would see "the dream" (I could feel it coming). Then, as you may have guessed, I got to see "the dream".

I was being chased in my home by something demon like (black figure, red eyes) and everything was pitch black, so I could barely see anything. And I always took the same route. I started near my bedroom and ran to the kitchen, where I jumped to the ceiling and hanged there like Spiderman (weird shit right here). And then the demon jumped a few seconds later to my position. The dream ends here and I would always wake up after that, unable to move my body for 10 to 20 seconds (I always found that to be scary). And what's really bad about it is that, even when I was seeing "the dream" I kept some kind of consciousness ( I knew I was going to wake up unable to move).

Another one I had is the following, that happened only once:

I woke up in the night again (not in my dream) and saw a dozen of human-shaped blue souls coming towards me and vanishing as they reached me, while they were saying weird things.

But now I haven't seen these dreams for years and that is good I guess.

Most of the dreams I would consider nightmares occurred during sleep paralysis, either when first waking up when or falling into a weird half-conscious limbo sleep. My dreams tend to be really fragmented, so it's more so individual events that I remember rather than the dream as a whole.

In one I was standing on the edge of a cliff, surrounded by water in a black voidspace. Some kind of lighthouse rose out of the water far in front of me, casting out a huge ray of light that spun faster and faster over my head. Every time it drew near, there was an increasingly loud and unnatural humming sound, accompanied by a feeling like some kind of force was moving through my skull, like the light was... not quite passing through, but like it simply existed there now. Eventually the light shifted down and hit me, where it stopped. For the remainder of the dream, my entire head was encompassed by this terrible force and noise. It only ended after I finally managed to will myself awake. What an awful experience.

In another, I saw myself sleeping from a third-person view, from just behind the bed. There was a brief period of complete silence where nothing happened. Then, there was an increasingly loud tone, like the ringing of an ear, and a mass of small demons passed out of the wall opposite my bed in a motion like a crashing wave. Once they hit the ground they immediately disappeared all save one, which in an instant was sitting on top of my chest, glaring towards me in the direction of my third-person viewpoint.

In one I had many years ago, I woke to a loud tapping sound. I got out of bed and stood still, listening for the source. Eventually, realizing it was coming from my window, I stepped over and lifted up the blinds to see a skeletal face with long, curling horns standing at the window. The room flashed white and I woke up, but I could still see the creature's face for as long as it took me to open my eyes.

In another, a few of my teeth violently shattered for no apparent reason. I ran to the bathroom mirror to look, and saw the ones that had shattered were somehow already growing back, and in even better condition. I've heard of a lot "teeth getting fucked up" dreams, but none where it turned out to actually be a good thing in the end. So it stuck out to me.

In one I had very recently I was Dio Brando, and for some reason I was standing outside of the local school. Suddenly, Jotaro appeared and pushed me down. I repeatedly tried to stop time and kick him in the head to make him go away, but he managed to push me down every time anyways.

Here come dat guy who looks like one of those cringy artists from 1918 who shat on all of humanity while spending days in bars.

Believe it or not, my dreams can be super livid, sometimes entertaining and colorful, sometimes downright terrifiying a la Lovecraft surreal stuff.

I usually forget them, but interesting stuff gets written down in my personal diaries, lemme translate some entries:

I remember this one as a toddler. My house, but walls are naked like, grey blocks with blood pulsing in cracks. It was really dark, with super bright red light coming from sides, without any specific source. The bathroom door was opened, there were veiny stuff covering the corners, both top and bottom. The toilet was some bowl of creepy crawling stuff, sitting on one of those blocks. Instead of the bathtub, there was a stone altar, a pink zombie like creature lying on it, moaning the phrase I somehow managed to keep in my mind intact all the time while I can't even remember my phone number:

"Wolf. Wolf be wolf. Wolf is all. All is wolf. Wolf is one with all. All is one with wolf. Wolf" *repeat*

Then I managed to find a staircase underneath a rug, and I walked down into more normal looking place, the living room, but everything was creepingly blue and distant like. I saw some bright light coming from the front door. It looked like daylight outside the door, seeable through the window in it, so I ran to it, opened a door, and one shits you not, I got spooked by a blanket ghost with flowers on it. And it was there when I woke up.

More recent entry included this gem of a story:

So I was going to school, like any other day, until a bright blueish portal sucked me in and forced me into this weird dimension with black spiky skyscrapers, and the horizon, the ups and downs, were engulfed in some very sick looking green clouds . I somehow managed to jump my way around till I reached back into my dimension by finding a portal. I then realized a small, but green cloud was following me on the horizon.

I somehow managed to find at least seven other people with the same symptoms, so we somehow decided to run away together from the "storm" as we called it. We walked, ran, hitchhiked, being followed by the increasing amounts of green sick clouds at the process. We were losing hope, until we found this guy who would give us his minibus if we did some job for him. We completed the mission, and we packed inside the minibus, and drove away.

We took shifts in driving, like, the driver and the guy/girl riding shotgun would be awake while the rest of the gang were sleeping. We tried to be perpetually on the move, never stopping at a hotel or inn or anything.

Everytime it was my turn to be awake, the amount of green clouds would increase. This taxed on every one's morale, as we kept driving to that small parchment if clear sky to the sun, hoping to outdrive the storm and escape.

Turns out we might have been home all the time, the storm would still catch on us. All the journey was for naught.

Soon, the storm covered all of the sky. It was getting windy, there were yellow lightning bolts flurrying around the sky in seconds. We saw a anbandoned house up front, parked, and got out the minibus, into the house, and started fortifiying the house. Spikes ascended from the horizon like fingers, and we were practically sitting on the palm of the hand. We heard shrieks of the damned, the wind carried along the aroma of blood and pain. We were really low on morale, tired and super scared. And I had enough of this motherfucking game.

I stepped outside the house and started shouting "Shriek and scream all that you want motherfucker, but that is useless, because you don't actually exist! You aren't real! You are just a figment of our imagination! Yeah, that is fucking right, this is all a dream, and you were unfortunate enough for me to realize it, now go FUCK YOURSELF!!!" or something like that. I swear it was a super epic "fuck you" speech.

I akimbo flipped the birds to the sky, as it nearly instantaneously started to get nice and clear. The gang was watching from the house, gawking. I smiled and said:

"See ya motherfuckers!" and woke up instantly.

It wasn't technically a nightmare, but when I woke up from that, I was downright tired and drained, like I actually lived through that adventure. That thought made me a bit paranoid for the rest of the day, as I kept on checking for reality every once in a while. It took me nearly two days to get back to normal and stopped being so scared. I still sometimes see myself a veteran of nightmares, not willing to go into the same battles again. I still wonder if this was some sort of a multiplayer dream, and if the other guys (and two girls) actually exist and had the same dream, and if they saw me flipping the birds. Or did I got torn apart in their versions? Something tells me the second option most likely happened.

Oh, just last month I had an awesome nightmare. I was lying down on a bed(not mine) in some decrepit and dark room. I was facing up, looking at the ceiling, and my body was paralyzed. I couldn't move. Then the little kid from the grudge(which is funny, because that movie never really scared me) crawled up on top of me, got right into my face, and started screaming. Just fucking screaming for two minutes straight, while his eyes disappeared inside it's sockets, leaving only a black hole, and all of his limbs(arms, legs, torso) started to stretch and contort in weird and bizarre ways, except of course for his head, which remained practically glued to mine the whole time. If I had to describe how his limbs moved, I would have to compare the stretching to bubblegum, and the way it moved around to the way a snake moves when a snake charmer, well, charms it I guess. Anyway, this was one of the few times in my life where I actually woke up with an actual scream, which scared the FUCK out of my sister, who was awake the whole time.

I once had a nightmare involving history, the execution of Louis XVI of France, i saw him being guillotined and his severed head being shown to public, which after that i awoke and i was sweating.

To this day i still remember that nightmare.

4-5 years back I started having a series of dreams that felt connected for about a week straight. In all these dreams, they took place on my grandparents farm home out in the middle of nowhere, and my grandfather was a serial killer. One by one he killed off family members, when it was down to me and my mom, she told me to get out for myself. I escaped out a window, drove all the way home (it was about a 3-4 hour drive IRL but in the dream it felt pretty instant) and then paced around my room waiting for my mom to call me, which she never did.

Another night, I dreamt I went back, and nobody was there except for my grandfather, who was mysteriously acting like nothing was wrong. He offered me a steak, which looked raw, had blood and what looked like pulsating pimples all over it. I denied it and locked myself in the bathroom, which he attempted to kick down but I woke up.

A week after I had this strange series of dreams, my grandfather fell down the stairs, broke his fingers, gashed his eye open, had a seizure and was rushed to the hospital where it was revealed he had lung cancer. Make of that what you will.

14 hours ago, Jaxxoon R said:

Is this [let the foaming process begin] a new meme or something

More like a ZDaemon creepypasta. I'm not sure if the quote originated somewhere else before that.