Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Li'l devil

What's your favourite.. font?

(oh look, another 'what's your favourite' thread)

What's your favourite font? The one that you like using the most in MS Word, notepad or other text editors. Or maybe the one that you set up in your browser using font changer add-on, like me. Anyway, what's your favourite?

My favourite font is Allan, it's a stock font on my computer (i have windows 10). Here's DW page in this font:

I really like it, it's really cute and not as dumb-looking as Comic Sans. Text in this font is pretty readable, in my opinion, and i like that everything is in italics by default. If i could have sex with this font, i would. I'm really obsessed with it.

I also like t.26 Carbon. It's really cool and futuristic. It's also a default text font in Call of Duty 4, which is why i like it even more. Unfortunately, text in this font is quite hard to read, so it's not very practical. Also, you have to buy it for $19(!!), so.. nope. But it's still really cool.

So what about you?

(i know many of you will probably answer 'Doom font', but come on! It's ugly as f

It sort of depends on what I'm using it for. My all-time favorite is Computer Modern Serif, which I came to love by using LaTeX quite a bit. This and its sans-serif version are now my default fonts for Firefox, and man they make Wikipedia look awesome.

I also like Avenir quite a bit and use it as the default for most of my desktop. If it's not available (like on my Android phone), I go with Deja Vu Sans, which is close enough and is still clean.

Mason is one I love for things I want to look gothic, archaic, or just generally stylized. I've used it for my band's/website's logo, for example.

When it comes to programming or the console, my favorite is easily Tamsyn.

@ChekaAgent, I thought your favourite font was Comic Sans.

Me, my favourite font would be Fluidsynth!

yukib1t said:

I also like Avenir quite a bit and use it as the default for most of my desktop. If it's not available (like on my Android phone), I go with Deja Vu Sans, which is close enough and is still clean.

The similar font was used in one of my student's books in school. I like it, it's so retro.

When it comes to programming or the console, my favorite is easily Tamsyn.

I also have to mention that i like System font, it's a standard console font. I've set it as a font for the Notepad.

Voros said:

@ChekaAgent, I thought your favourite font was Comic Sans.

Used to be, but i got tired of it.

Me, my favourite font would be Fluidsynth!

It's a soundfont, isn't it? Lol

CARRiON said:

How long until someone wants to know my favorite brand of toilet paper?

I have a cool idea for a pointless topic like that. As soon as all mods go away, i'll probably make it for lulz.

ChekaAgent said:

I have a cool idea for a pointless topic like that. As soon as all mods go away, i'll probably make it for lulz.

Yeah, they'll never go away.

Doesn't the Allan font make you tilt your head sideways all the time and then disfigure your neck after a long read?

DaIcemann76 said:

I actually find Eurostile to be easy on the eyes.

Eurostile is beautiful. I used to use it a lot on my Linux desktops, and now usually use it for the window titles. It's clean, but also slightly futuristic without looking all gaudy and shit.

Tempus Sans ITC, the one on Win98, not the TR version, that one is similar but slightly different looking. Used it on AIM when that was a thing and even went as far as to steal it when the creators demanded $20 for it so I could use it on MSN, when that was a thing.

Excelsior. This font (or rather its Polish adaptation, named "Silesia") was used in plenty of Polish books in the latter half of the 20th century, and it's beautiful. Probably because of the nostalgia factor (most of the books I read as a child were typeset with this font.)

Also, Century Gothic and Futura.

Megalyth said:

Doom, of course.

Eugh, if there's any font that isn't comic sans that I think sucks, it's the Doom font when used outside of Doom.

A beautiful font in my opinion is Raleway. That "W" just pleases me.

You know, I have never really had a favorite font. The idea seems strange to me at this current time.

As a graphic designer if I didn't have favorites, I would probably be a bad designer, heh.

Another great font is Roboto. In particular I like the very thin variant (font-weight: 100;)

(Also, JudgeDeadd's font choices are fantastic.)

Times New Roman, 12

But unlike Kontra Kommando, I like single spacing. Double feels like a waste of space, IMO.

OCR-A for me. For years I called it the Matrix font because I thought it was used for what people saw the Matrix as (that is, the green lettering on the monitor). Turns out that was totally different from the font used for the actors' names on promotional material.

Probably Times New Roman for nostalgic reason, but Courier, Trebuchet, and Garamond are also rather nice.

And Webdings, of course.