Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CrazyDoomguy

Prboom TAS option

As i know there are not exist such button. You can record video only from demo or by Fraps or something like this.

Ok, how make demos? What is PgDn? Which keyboard? Tutorial video using Prboom will be cool (Show only important thing).

-----------------------

DEMOS: Keys for additional functions during demo playback
Next Level <PgDn>: Fast forward to the next level (disabled for internal demos)
End Level <End>: Fast forward to the next stats screen (disabled for internal demos) : Pressing Use ("Space" by default) during skipping shows the current frame.

Camera Mode<PAD0>: Walkcam/Chasecam
Join <q>: Take over the controls with resume recording feature (*1)

I never recorded demos (it'd be nice if someone gave me some info on how though!)

I know it involves some specific parameters.

Recording videos, use Fraps, Hypercam, OPS, etc

What do you mean by removing save/load? Maybe in Zdoom ports (using DECORATE) but i highly doubt its possible in PrBoom.

I don't remember exactly, but Camera Mode stops the player in one place and you can move the screen left and right.
Join is where the demo is resuming its run, but you still have control over the camera.

No shooting present in either modes.

yaqxsw said:

Ok, how make demos? What is PgDn? Which keyboard? Tutorial video using Prboom will be cool (Show only important thing).

Everything described here
If shortly then you must just create another exe, in exe write: -record demo1 -warp 01 -complevel 9

Spoiler

That's all... While recording demo you can't cheat or use save/load function. If you use segmenting (commands like -recordfromto demo1 demo2) or slowmontion then it's TAS.

Ok I did it. After make demo I get file demo1.imp. What is that? How look a video and upload on Youtube? Will video show normal speed or slow like TAS?

It's demo. You can watch it with command -playdemo demo1 and skip a few secs/minutes with command -skipsec.
But for converting it into video you must download a few codecs, write a few commands and so on so on... I can upload ready pack where you must put only iwads and it will record a video for you.
And no - it will be video with normal speed with 35 fps.

Azuruish said:

But for converting it into video you must download a few codecs, write a few commands and so on so on... I can upload ready pack where you must put only iwads and it will record a video for you.

I not understand well, which command? What should I do with demo1.imp? I need a programm, that can convert .imp file into video?

you'll need x264.exe, mkvmerge.exe and oggenc2.exe (links can be found in usage.txt, you'll find it in the folder where your prboom is located). Google them and put them in your prboom folder. Then launch prboom with following parameters:

-timedemo *demoname*.lmp -viddump *whatever-you-wish*.mkv

It will play a demo at a really slow speed, but it's okay because it doesn't record stuff in real time, but renders it frame by frame (or what?), so you can minimize the window and do whatever you want. If you just need to test it without wasting much time, press page down button after about 10 seconds. If you'll find a *whatever-you-wish*.mkv file in the folder, then it works fine and the video is ready to go. If not, then, well, post here.

Is right?

C:\Games\prboom-plus-2.5.1.4\prboom-plus.exe -record demo1 -warp 01 -complevel 9 -timedemo Map32.lmp -viddump *whatever-you-wish*.mkv

And i have problem open bz2. file "last_x246.tar.bz2"... http://x264.nl/

This is correct:
C:\Games\prboom-plus-2.5.1.4\prboom-plus.exe -timedemo Map32.lmp -viddump *whatever-you-wish*.mkv

In glboom-plus.cfg must looks like this:

# Video capture encoding settings
cap_soundcommand          "oggenc2 -r -R %s -q 5 - -o output.ogg"
cap_videocommand          "x264 -o output.264 --crf 22 --muxer auto --demuxer raw --input-csp rgb --input-depth 8 --input-res 1280x720 --fps 35 -"
cap_muxcommand            "mkvmerge -o %f output.264 output.ogg"
cap_tempfile1             "output.ogg"
cap_tempfile2             "output.264"
cap_remove_tempfiles          1
Ahhh... better download that Pack
Just drop to there iwads and your demo...
There two exe:
1) glboom-plus.exe - launch - exe to watch
2) glboom-plus.exe - Record - exe for recording.

Ok I did it on option/general/movement - all "NO".

Another problem, if I try record (glboom record), there are high speed... but on option "Speed 35". What happen? What should I do? Probably I have made smal screen (640x480)? And while made video, no sound to hear....

Also what I want on option:

1. Hear sound on video
2. Normal movement. No sliding.
3. Smal screen 640x480 (On video doesnt show 6 new screen)
4. Speed slow on 35, but on video is normal speed.

I barely understand you.

1) Sound doesn't play during rendering, but it's fine in the final result after rendering.
2) ? do you mean no inertia? In prboom, the movement is identical to the original so you don't need to change anything.
3) ?
4) ? during demo recording, the "speed" parameter doesn't matter, set it to whatever you wish.

PS: are you trying to play with a -viddump parameter?..

ClumsyDoomer said:

I barely understand you.

1) Sound doesn't play during rendering, but it's fine in the final result after rendering.
2) ? do you mean no inertia? In prboom, the movement is identical to the original so you don't need to change anything.
3) ?
4) ? during demo recording, the "speed" parameter doesn't matter, set it to whatever you wish.

PS: are you trying to play with a -viddump parameter?..

Yes, I tried on -viddump...

On Prboom while recording is a big speed. On other normal prboom is slow speed and I can play... another problem, there are no mkv. file. Only txt.

On Glbbom what azuruish send, is a strange movement and speed is not like, what I did in option... but I get mkv. file

And? You got mkv... everything okay? Sound is okay?
You also can increase screen resolution in video if you change in glboom-plus.cfg

cap_videocommand          "x264 -o output.264 --crf 22 --muxer auto --demuxer raw --input-csp rgb --input-depth 8 --input-res 1280x720 --fps 35 -"
--imput-res to 1920x1080 if your monitor allows it.
I just have no idea how to increase fps in video because if i try it in cfg - soundtrack screws up.

If you playback your demo and you hear music - yes. If you meant Youtube (upload) - yes. While you playback demo (NOT RECORDING - NORMAL SPEED AND SOUNDS IN REAL TIME) you can increase or decrease music or sounds if it too loud or too silent. It all will be recorded in video - know it.

Another shitty moment - you can record music only with 'fluidsyncs' midi player. But unfortunately that midiplayer sucks ass. Midi music with that midiplayer sounds disgusting. Only easy way which I know is put mp3 file into wad which uses for recording video - in this case music will sounds okay and in video it will sounds okay too.

Давай будем по русски, надеюсь админы не заметят. В общем, когда я включаю демку, то игра действует не так, как я настроил в настройках (скорость и игрок слегка проскальзывается). Похоже в демке игрнорируют мою настройку. А В обычном Prboom действует только так, как я настроил... я записал короткое видео, можешь посмотреть.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E0GFCJwr1w

Я так понял, демка записывается без звука в формате mkv. а потом когда я загружаю в ютуб, то звук будет? Просто тут важен не только музыка, но и звуки от монстров.

Короче я щя специально для тебя видос как писать видео запишу и после можешь закрыть тему как я запишу, а то я вижу тут вообще тяжелый случай.

Вот видос https://youtu.be/PTVdmwDiu30
Если ты скачал мой пак, дропнул туда iwads - тогда тебе остается следовать за действиями в видео. Если и в этом случае у тебя жопа - тебе придется мучится с Fraps'ом

Я скачал твои файли в предущем линке, но тут нет этого файла B01-004.lump. Если эти вложены в другом дропбохе (линк в ютуб) то я не могу скачать ее...

Это демка... ПРИМЕР... П-Р-И-М-Е-Р. Скаченный с http://doomedsda.us/
Ты сам должен демку записать с командой -record и после с неё записать видео используя команды -timedemo и -viddump
Может тебе объяснить что такое демка? Что такое LMP?
Окей.
Команда -record = записать демку (LMP Файл)
Команда -recordfromto = Перезаписать демку одну другой (Это уже TAS), чтобы продолжить с момента где ты умер - жмешь кнопку Q.
Команда -Warp = это уровень 1-2-3 или 30...
Команда -nomusic = играть без музыки (желательно использовать эту команду иначе башня лопнет от надоедлевой по 200 раз музыки)
Команда -Complevel используется чтобы иметировать движок. Complevel 2 используется для Doom2, AV, Hell revealed и других вадах. Complevel 3 Используется для Doomu. Complevel 4 для TNT и Plutonia. Complevel 9 для всех остальных типа SOD, Slaughterfest и так далее.
Команда -Skipsec необходима чтобы пропустить солидный кусок демки и немотать каждый раз ускоряя скорость игры на колёсико мышке (у меня так настроено, по дефолту там pgup вроде). Бесмысленно её использовать для громадных карт где больше 1500 монстров и так далее.
Команда -file позволяет впихнуть pwad (Пример: -file plutonia.wad plutonia2.wad)

Команда -timedemo и -viddump используется исключительно для записи и нигде больше

Это ты понял? Если нет то забей на это вообще ибо я больше ничем помочь несмогу.

Наконецтоки у меня получилось! Потестировал, оказывается, мне надо набрать -file tarakans.wad... то есть, конкретно указать WAD.

C:\Games\Prboom\glboom-plus.exe -file tarakans.wad -viddump Tarakans.mkv

Звук отключен, но когда загружаю в ютуб, там есть звук.

Последний вопрос, когда заканчиваю демку, какую кнопку мне нажимать? чтоб не надо включить меню и выходить.

А никак подругому это и не сделаешь. Завершаешь уровень и после выходишь из игры... Всё. Только не закрывай игру через диспечер ибо демку просрёшь... просто тихо закрой и всё.

Боюсь самого худшего момента "epic fail" - почти закончил карту, но проиграл...

While I record, I cant hear sound. That make me hard beat level 8, because I cant hear some monsters teleporting behind me... can someone help me how switch sound on for recording?